Werner Wicker Clinic Bad Wildungen
Department of Scoliosis and Spinal Surgery (251277)
Specialized in: orthopedics, traumatology
About the department
Werner Wicker Clinic is one of the largest centers of its kind in Europe, which has been maintaining an excellent international reputation for decades. Each year, more than 1,500 patients come here for major spinal surgeries. It uses the entire spectrum of modern spine surgery tools. It covers all the deformities and instabilities of any etiology.
As a German Center of Scoliosis, the clinic has a more than 30-year history of conservative and surgical treatment of scoliosis. The outpatient department provides special consultations on scoliosis, and the nearby workshop offers orthopedic corsets. If you need surgical correction, the clinic has a variety of modern surgical techniques at its disposal. The surgery, which is usually carried out when the patient is 14, provides a good correction and excellent cosmetic result even for severe scoliosis. Congenital scoliosis may require a surgery at an early age to stop or prevent a further increase in the curvature. Patients with juvenile scoliosis (under 10 years old) can be offered a surgical procedure to prevent scoliosis and adapt to the body growth.
The following forms of scoliosis are treated:
- Idiopathic scoliosis
- Congenital scoliosis
- Neuromuscular scoliosis (scoliosis with paralysis, including upon cerebral palsy, paraplegia, meningomyelitis, primary muscular diseases, such as muscular dystrophy, such as spinal muscular atrophy, poliomyelitis)
- A series of systemic diseases (including neurofibromatosis, Marfan's syndrome, chromosomal anomalies, arthrogryposis)
- Medical Specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology
- Medical Specialist in Sports Medicine
- Until 1987 Study of Human Medicine at the Heinrich-Heine-University in Düsseldorf
- 1988 – 1991 Assistant Physician in Surgery at the Evangelical Hospital Mühlheim/Ruhr
- 1991 – 1993 First experiences in the area of spinal surgery at the Werner Wicker Clinic
- 1993 – 1996 Medical Specialist Training in Orthopedics, General Hospital Hamburg Barmbek, Additional Qualifications: Special Pain Therapy, Physiotherapy
- 1996 – 2007 Senior Physician at the German Scoliosis Centre, Werner Wicker Clinic
- Since 2007 Chief Physician of the Spinal Surgery Centre/ German Scoliosis Centre at the Werner Wicker Clinic
- Deformities of the spinal column (scoliosis, kyphosis)
- Revision surgery
- Degenerative diseases (for example, spinal canal stenoses)
Authorization to conduct advanced trainings
- License to conduct postgraduate education in Orthopedics and Traumatology, 24-months training, together with Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Thomas Meiners
Membership in professional societies
- German Society of Spinal Surgery (DWG)
Department of Scoliosis and Spinal Surgery.
Werner Wicker Clinic Bad Wildungen:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home