Academic Hospital Nordwest Frankfurt am Main
Department of Radiation Oncology (298852)
Michael van Kampen
Specialized in: radiation oncology
About the department
The Department of Radiation Oncology at the Hospital Nordwest in Frankfurt am Main provides diagnosis, counseling and treatment for adults with cancer of all organs on an outpatient and/or inpatient basis. The Department annually treats about 1,400 new cancer patients. The head of the Department is Priv.-Doc. Dr. med. Michael van Kampen.
The cancer treatment by radiotherapy is especially successful. Some benign diseases can also be treated by radiation therapy. The drugs, which can decrease or increase exposure depending on the progressing of the disease, are used as auxiliary aids. Therefore, the Hospital Nordwest develops an individual treatment strategy that corresponds to the clinical situation of each patient. The medical team of the Department of Radiation Oncology under the direction of Priv.-Doc. Dr. med. Michael van Kampen provides its services on an outpatient and inpatient basis. There are treated all malignant oncological diseases in adults. The most common include cancer of the breast, lungs, rectum, prostate, metastases and rare tumors of soft tissues. Moreover, the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Hospital Nordwest specializes in radiotherapy for benign diseases. The most common indications in this field include radiation therapy for a heel spur and the treatment of degenerative joint diseases.
The Department of Radiation Oncology under the direction of Priv.-Doc. Dr. med. Michael van Kampen is the recognized Bowel and Prostate Cancer Center, certified by the German Cancer Society (Onkozert).
The main treatment focuses of the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Hospital Nordwest under the direction of Priv.-Doc. Dr. med. Michael van Kampen are:
- Irradiation of benign arthritis, such as arthrosis of large and small joints, heel spurs and achillodynia
- Irritative X-ray radiation (orthovoltage radiotherapy)
In addition to the overall range of radiotherapy, there are used the following special techniques:
- IORT (intraoperative radiation therapy)
- Afterloading in the treatment of gynecological tumors, especially combined therapy for cervical cancer (intracavitary/ interstitial cancer) in combination with chemotherapy
- High-precision radiotherapy (stereotaxy/ radiosurgery) of benign and malignant tumors in the head
- IMLT (intensive modulated radiotherapy)
- Combined radio-chemotherapy
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Hospital Nordwest ranks among the top German departments specializing in radiation therapy!
- Seit 2000 Chefarzt der Radioonkologischen Klinik am Krankenhaus Nordwest in Frankfurt
- 2004 - 2006 Ärztlicher Direktor des Krankenhauses Nordwest
- 2005 Wahl zum Vorsitzenden des Fachgremiums der Ärztlichen Stelle, TÜV Süd
- 1995 - 2000 Habilitation im Fach klinische Radiologie, Universität Heidelberg: „Existiert eine Volumen – Wirkungsbeziehung der intraoperativen Strahlentherapie?“
- 1994 - 1995 Assistenzarzt am Deutschen Krebsforschungszentrum Heidelberg, FS05, Abteilung Strahlentherapie
- 1993 - 1994 Assistenzarzt Universität Heidelberg, Radiolog. Klinik, Klinische Radiologie (Schwerpunkt Strahlentherapie)
- 1989 - 1993 Assistenzarzt Klinikum Nürnberg Nord, Abteilungen Strahlentherapie und Radiologische Diagnostik
- 1990 Promotion: “Determination of thymosin ß4 in human blood cells and serum”, magna cum laude
- 1982 - 1989 Studium der Humanmedizin an den Universitäten Hamburg und Erlangen
Department of Radiation Oncology.
Academic Hospital Nordwest Frankfurt am Main:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home