Academic Hospital Nordwest Frankfurt am Main
Department of Vascular and Thoracic Surgery (41)
Specialized in: vascular and thoracic surgery
About the department
The Department of Vascular and Thoracic Surgery at the Hospital Nordwest under the direction of Dr. med. Stefanie Veit has two sections with 36 planned beds. The Department provides conservative, interventional and surgical treatment of arteries, veins and lymphatic vessels. Benign and malignant diseases of the airways, lungs and chest are treated here as well. Pacemakers, defibrillators and port systems are implanted on an inpatient or outpatient basis.
In the field of vascular surgery, the Department within the Vascular Center at the Hospital Nordwest offers the treatment of acute and chronic circulatory disorders (occlusive peripheral arterial disease) of legs, hands, brain vessels and mesenteric arteries. In addition to the surgical treatment, namely bypass surgery or thromboendarterectomy (TEA), the Vascular Center offers a wide range of interventional treatments, including percutaneous transluminal angioplasty and stenting. There are also offered medication therapies.
The objectives of the Thoracic Surgery at the Academic Hospital Nordwest under the direction of Dr. med. Stefanie Veit include all kinds of extracardiac surgery on the lungs, bony thorax, bronchial tree, airways and diaphragm. The interventions in the field of thoracic surgery also include lobectomy, pneumonectomy, pleural mesothelioma, surgery for metastases, chest wall reconstruction, lung volume reduction surgery / emphysema surgery etc.
The main treatment focuses of the Department of Vascular and Thoracic Surgery at the Hospital Nordwest:
- Aortic aneurysm surgery
- Diagnosis and treatment of venous diseases and their consequences
- Diagnosis and treatment of chest (thorax) injuries
- Duplex sonography
- One-dimensional Doppler ultrasound
- Pericardium surgery
- Conservative treatment of arterial vascular diseases
- Lung surgery
- Kidney surgery
- Open surgical and endovascular treatment of vascular diseases
- Surgical treatment of chest injuries
- Thoracoscopic interventions
- Tumor surgery
- Damage to blood vessels after accidents
Higher Education and Professional Career
- Since 2016 Chief Physician of the Department of Vascular and Thoracic Surgery at the Academic Hospital Nordwest Frankfurt am Main.
- 2015 Senior Physician with management responsibilities, Lung Center, Sana Hospital Duesseldorf.
- 2012 Grant in the field of surgical correction of thoracic defects, Istanbul and Windsor.
- 2011 Chairman of the Working Group on Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery of the German Society for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
- 2010 Senior Physician in the Department of Thoracic Surgery at the Robert Bosch Hospital, Stuttgart.
- 2008 Grant in VATS lobectomy, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles.
- 2007 Board certification in Thoracic Surgery.
- 2003 Assistant Physician in the Department of Thoracic Surgery at the Robert Bosch Hospital, Stuttgart.
- 2002 Doctoral thesis defense in medicine.
- 2001 Internship, Department of General and Abdominal Surgery, Marienhospital Stuttgart.
- 1999 - 2000 United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).
- 1994 - 2000 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, Julius Maximilian University of Würzburg.
- Minimally invasive lung cancer surgery.
- Minimally invasive surgery to remove thymoma.
- Surgical removal of thoracic metastases.
- Correction of pectus excavatum.
- Hyperhidrosis treatment.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Krankenhaus Nordwest
Department of Vascular and Thoracic Surgery.
Academic Hospital Nordwest Frankfurt am Main:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.