Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Ruettenscheid
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Therapy I (160)
Klaus Friedrich Waschke
Specialized in: anesthesiology, intensive care, pain therapy
About the department
The highly qualified staff of the Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Therapy I at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen attends to you before, during and after surgery and in the interdisciplinary intensive care unit, which is organized and managed by the staff. The department, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Friedrich Waschke, places particular emphasis on personal attention to the patient. Most people are more or less afraid of surgery and the anaesthesia it requires. It’s the goal of the Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Therapy I at the Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus in Essen-Rüttenscheid to create an atmosphere in which you feel comfortable and where you and your worries are taken seriously.
A special emphasis within the framework of the Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Therapy I at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen, under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Friedrich Waschke, is the effective and low-risk pain alleviation pre- and, especially, during and post-surgery. To this end the acute pain service is available to you 24 hours a day in close cooperation with the surgical disciplines at the department.
Range of services:
- Modern general and regional anaesthetics procedures
- Modern concepts for prevention of nausea and vomiting
- Modern heat management
- Measurement of anaesthetic depth
- Ultrasound guided regional anaesthetic treatment
- Donor blood saving measures – auto transfusion
- Obstetric anaesthetics
- Intensive Medicine
- Interdisciplinary intensive medicine
- Replacement and support of the function of vital organs
- Lung-protective and non-invasive ventilation
- Ethics advisory services
- Emergency Medical services
- Emergency room and in-hospital emergency team
- Out-of-hospital emergency care (emergency station in Steele)
- Mobile intensive care unit of the Essen Fire Brigade
- Pain therapy
- Comprehensive perioperative acute pain therapy
- Inpatient and outpatient treatment of chronic pains (multimodal treatment of pain)
- and other diseases
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Therapy I.
Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Ruettenscheid:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home