Thanks to the development of medical tourism in Istanbul, the cost of treatment has been significantly reduced, enabling more patients to be treated.
Medical tourism allows citizens of other countries to undergo treatment in the best clinics of Istanbul at a favorable price.
The most popular treatment in Istanbul is cancer treatment, cosmetic procedures, and plastic surgery.
The popularity of Istanbul is explained by the stunning beauty of Turkey, modern hospitals, as well as successful treatment of the diverse diseases.
It may be unusual to associate Turkey with the concept of "high quality medicine" but nowadays this is true. Turkey is famous not only for pleasant vacations near the sea, but also for high level of medicine, highly qualified doctors, and the TOP medical centers. Clear standards of qualitative diagnostics and treatment are monitored by specialists from all over the world. Medical treatment in Istanbul has been actively developing during the past 10 years. In such a short time period Turkish doctors have shown high achievements in the field of orthopedics, oncology, and organ transplantation. Turkey has one of the highest rates of infertility treatment. Plastic surgery and dentistry are also developing rapidly. All of the abovementioned fields of medicine have already become the hallmark of Turkish medicine.
Thanks to its warm subtropical climate, Istanbul is one the largest medical tourism cities that admits patients year-round. Treatment in a private hospital in Istanbul is performed at a fairly high level and is no different from treatment in state healthcare institutions. It can even be noted that in private hospital in Istanbul the treatment process is more comfortable, since there are not so many patients.
The language is not a problem at all. All medical facilities that accept international citizens for treatment provide patients with an accompanying interpreter.
What should you consider when choosing a clinic in Istanbul?
Going for treatment abroad, a patient usually seeks not for the conventional health care (so he is in the vast majority of cases can receive at home), but for a high level of treatment. A patient wants to have the maximum chance for receiving a positive result.
How not to get lost among the many proposals? How to avoid mistakes in choosing a clinic? What should I pay attention to first of all? Experts in medical tourism, Booking Health, advise that when you choose a clinic for treatment draw attention to the international certification and accreditation. Since care for your health should be entrusted to the best professionals.
How to choose right hospitals in Istanbul among so many good clinics? First and foremost, pay attention to the doctor. For successful treatment in Istanbul, it is very important that the clinic is equipped with modern apparatus. Modern equipment enables administration of advanced methods of treatment. However, a patient is still healed not by a clinic, but by a doctor. Therefore, among other aspects being equal, you should choose the medical facility where the specialists are trained in the treatment of this particular disease. To get information about treatment, you can read reviews of patients. Nevertheless, it will be easier and more efficient to seek help from the experts in medical tourism, such as Booking Health.
Diagnostics in clinics of Turkey
Diagnostics is one the most important direction in modern medicine. If the diagnostics is inaccurate, or even erroneous, there will be no cure for the disease. Accordingly, Turkish doctors would not be able to achieve such impressive results without the possibility to provide their patients with quick and accurate diagnostic measures.
Each multidisciplinary medical facility in Turkey has a large diagnostic center. Istanbul clinics with many functional units (e.g. laboratories, departments, etc.) provide patients with comprehensive care. International patients can complete a full course of necessary diagnostic measures, without the need to visit multiple clinics.
Plastic surgery in Turkey
Plastic surgery in Turkey is one of the well-developed areas of medicine in the country. Plastic surgery has recently experienced a real boom. Istanbul is considered the main center of plastic surgery with the highest concentration of professionals. The largest and wide-profile clinics are concentrated here, which are ready to provide the best service and care for patient. But there are other kind of clinics of aesthetic surgery in other cities of the country. For example, private hospitals in Istanbul, Izmir and Ankara are very popular in this field.
Plastic and reconstructive surgery in Turkey hospitals has reached an extremely high level, while the cost of such operations remains affordable for citizens of the country and for foreign patients. The price of plastic surgery in Istanbul does not differ from the cost of a conventional treatment. One of the causes is that a surgery in a private hospital in Istanbul is not subject to special taxes.
Turkey has a immense range of operations:
- Mammoplasty (breast plastic surgery): breast augmentation with implants and without implants, breast reduction, breast reconstruction after surgery
- Rhinoplasty and septoplasty (nose surgery)
- Otoplasty (plastic of ears)
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid plastic)
- Face plastic and facelift
And for some countries, special directions of medical tourism have even been created:
- Hair transplantation. Undoubtedly, one of the most popular procedures is hair transplantation. Most of the male population in Turkey faces the problem of baldness quite early, therefore, research is constantly being carried out on this topic and modern technologies are being introduced. Plastic surgery on the face is also a popular care procedure among both foreign guests and local residents. It is believed that the best hair transplant is done in Turkey. For residents of the Middle East (Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc.), this procedure is more than available. After all, the ratio of cost and quality is ideal. At Istanbul airports, you can often see groups of men who have special black headbands. These are patients who have undergone FUE or FUT hair transplantation procedure. Medical coordinators with knowledge of foreign languages often work in clinics with the specialization on hair transplant in Istanbul. Medical coordinators accompany patients during their treatment in Istanbul.
- Mammoplasty. Breast augmentation is gaining popularity among the female population of Turkey and other countries. Adorable results and relatively low cost of the operation attracts patients. High quality of the postoperative care and rehabilitation is an additional benefit.
- Another popular operation is liposuction. It is offered by many clinics in Turkey. With this procedure, you can significantly adjust the figure, getting rid of unnecessary fat. You need to rely on the fact that full recovery will require some additional time in the clinic.
As for plastic surgery, the cost of treatment in Istanbul is affordable due to the standardized work of medical personnel and regulation of prices in the medical industry by the state of Turkey.
Development of rhinoplasty in Turkey
Turkey ranks one of the first countries in the sphere of plastic surgeries. Clinics in Istanbul use modern methods aimed at changing the shape of the nose. Rhinoplasty in Turkey is on the first place among all plastic surgeries. Istanbul hospitals has become the mecca of plastic surgery, where patients from different countries travel for correction of mistakes of previous surgeons.
Most patients travel to Turkey from such countries :
- CIS countries
- Central Asia
This type of operation is indicated to those who:
- Have aesthetic problems with the nose
- Cannot breathe fully or have problems with snoring and apnea
- Would like to change the form of the nose
- Need repeated rhinoplasty for various reasons
Closed rhinoplasty. In a closed rhinoplasty all manipulations are made through the nostrils, no scars or visible traces of the operation are left.
Advantages of closed rhinoplasty:
- No scars
- Quick healing process
- No skin damage
Nevertheless, the closed rhinoplasty is indicated not to all patients, as a doctor does not have a direct access to all nose structures. In complex cases doctors prefer the open rhinoplasty.
How to undergo an open rhinoplasty?
The surgeon gets access to the target region through columella (the area located between the nasal openings). Free access allows a doctor to perform an operation of any complexity. Patients are always interested about when they can breathe normally after a surgery, how long the swelling lasts, and when the nose will take its final shape.
Nowadays doctors use silicone splints for rhinoplasty in Turkey. These are hollow tubes through which air circulates freely. They bend, but at the same time keep their shape. That means they prevent a mechanical damage to the nose soft tissues. These devices help to facilitate the rehabilitation process after rhinoplasty significantly. Sometimes temporary breathing problems may be present, for individual reasons. After the operation, the surgeon also places thin metal pads – cuffs. They do not make breathing difficult and look aesthetically.
The first several days after rhinoplasty bed rest is recommended. Depending on the individual reaction of the body, there may be weakness, mild nausea, which are best tolerated in the clinic, under the medical supervision, and then in a comfortable hotel. After the operation you will stay in Istanbul for 7 days. The driver will take you to dressings and appointments with the doctor. On the last day the splints will be removed, and you will fly to your home safely.
Swelling can be present during the rehabilitation period after a nose surgery, but it will not be very noticeable. There are usually no bruises.
However, rehabilitation after rhinoplasty is not finished with this. As the swelling goes away, the form of the nose will also change. You will see the final result one year after the operation. In 3-4 months the result will be like 70-80% of the final one.
Peculiarities of aesthetic medicine in Istanbul
Turkey is one of the global leaders in medicine. Clinics in the country are meeting strict international standards in terms of personnel, modern technical equipment, the excellence of medical services, safety and comfort. That is why the 47 hospitals in Turkey have the most prestigious JCI (Joint Commission International) accreditation.
As for plastic surgery, aesthetic and reconstructive operations are performed in multidisciplinary clinics and in private hospitals in Istanbul. In large state hospitals, the emphasis is made on reconstructive surgeries (e.g., breast reconstruction after a mastectomy, reconstructive surgery of the nose after trauma and diseases). Private hospitals in Istanbul offer aesthetic and beauty treatment at affordable prices.
Patients make a choice in favor of Turkey hospitals for the following reasons:
- Cosmetic, plastic and reconstructive surgeries are at the highest level here. Leading experts, surgeons who are trained in Europe and the United States work here. Unlike many European countries, including the UK, interventions in the sphere of plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery in Turkey are regulated by laws.
- Operations are performed in hospitals certified by JCI European Council. This means that they use the latest medical apparatus and technologies.
- Reasonable cost of treatment in Istanbul hospitals. Due to attractive costs, total savings can amount to 50% and sometimes to 70%, compared to the cost of the operations in Europe. And this is the case when treatment cost does not affect the quality.
Services are provided 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. The operation can be arranged so that you will have enough time for recovery and rest. Recovery and rest in complete privacy – it's time to focus on yourself.
What determines the price of treatment in Istanbul?
Plastic surgery in Turkey hospitals includes a full range of services: breast augmentation, ear shape correction, chin surgery, varicose veins removal, etc. In each hospital, whether it is a private hospital in Istanbul or the state one, you will be informed in detail about the peculiarities of the operation and will undergo the necessary examinations.
The cost of treatment in Istanbul will definitely surprise you. Typically, the cost of treatment in Istanbul hospitals includes the price of the services of the interpreter, the cost of the medical treatment program itself, as well as the price of a transfer.
If you want to explore the subject of treatment cost, Booking Health will provide you with detailed information about cost and will send you a price list. Given the many years of cooperation between Booking Health and clinics in Istanbul, your treatment will be arranged at the highest level. We will be glad to give you our care when undergoing treatment in Istanbul.