DRK Altenkirchen-Hachenburg Hospital
Department of Orthopedics, Arthroplasty Center (321635)
Specialized in: orthopedics, endoprosthetics
About the Department of Orthopedics, Arthroplasty Center at DRK Altenkirchen-Hachenburg Hospital
The Department of Orthopedics, the Arthroplasty Center offers patients top-class surgical treatment.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
The department offers the following outpatient and inpatient operations:
- Implants of artificial hips and knee joints, usually with the use of minimally invasive techniques and world-proven implants
- Surgery to replace hip and knee joint prostheses, as well as implants of special prostheses, for example, for tumor diseases
- Endoscopic and open surgery on the shoulder, for example, in case of wear disorders, calcification shoulder or rotator cuff injuries (tendons on the shoulder joint)
- Surgery to treat golfer’s elbow or tennis elbow
- Nerve decompression surgery, for example, in a carpal tunnel, supinator syndrome or sulcus ulnaris syndrome
- Hand surgery, for example, removal of overbones and annular area splitting (fast finger)
- Arthroscopy and open knee surgery, for example, in (sports) trauma, wear or congenital diseases
- Surgical care in ankle disorders, for example, in chronic instability
- Corrective interventions for foot deformities
The Arthroplasty Center (EndoProthetikZentrum (EPZ) Altenkirchen / Ww.) is an interdisciplinary department, which is staffed by trauma surgeons and orthopedists.
The center’s structure and work processes fully meet the quality standards of a professional society. The center is part of the German Arthroplasty Register (EPRD). If desired, after surgery the patient can be followed up by their attending physician who has accompanied them from the very beginning of treatment.
The Arthroplasty Center offers the following services:
- Implantation of total hip endoprostheses in wear disorders
- Implantation of total knee endoprostheses in wear disorders
- Implantation of hip endoprostheses or hip joint in femoral neck fractures
- Hip endoprosthesis replacement in weakening, wear or other complications
- Knee endoprosthesis replacement in case of weakening, wear or other complications
- Prosthetic replacement surgery for prosthetic fractures
Photo of the doctor: (c) DRK gemeinnützige Krankenhausgesellschaft mbH Rheinland-Pfalz
Department of Orthopedics, Arthroplasty Center.
DRK Altenkirchen-Hachenburg Hospital:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.