Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery (302404)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric orthopedics, trauma surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery at the Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin provides the high-quality treatment of congenital and acquired musculoskeletal diseases, as well as injuries of varying severity. The department has state-of-the-art equipment for the diagnostics and treatment of these diseases. Minimally invasive interventions are widely used for the treatment of patients with pathological lesions of the spine and joints. The department operates the highly specialized Maximum Care Endoprosthetics Center, which provides the effective treatment of joint diseases. Special attention should be given to the exceptional professionalism of the department's doctors.
The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Oliver Hauschild. He is a leading expert in the area of his specialization, and also has additional qualifications in special orthopedic surgery and traumatology. The doctor regularly takes part in professional national and international congresses, actively participates in the development of new treatment methods.
The main focus of the department's work is knee and hip replacement surgery. Partial or total joint replacement surgery is performed only if conservative treatment is ineffective. If possible, the department's doctors perform minimally invasive interventions. The department is equipped with the cutting-edge surgical instruments for joint replacement surgery. For example, it uses a computerized navigation system, which allows the surgeon to obtain the optimal surgical result without additional irradiation. The department's competence also includes revision surgery for the previously performed endoprosthetics.
An important role is given to pediatric orthopedics. The specialists offer patients a wide range of conservative and surgical methods for the treatment of diseases of the feet, legs, hip joints and spine. The department treats clubfoot, pes equinus and pes adductus using plaster casts or surgical methods. In addition, the specialists carry out ultrasound diagnostics of hip dysplasia in young children, as well as surgical joint-preserving interventions for the treatment of growth disorders in children. The department performs operations to correct axial deformities of the legs. Such pathological spinal changes, as scoliosis, can be treated both conservatively and surgically.
The main activities of the department include:
- Knee, hip, shoulder, ankle replacement surgery, including revision interventions
- Spinal surgery, including microsurgical techniques
- Foot surgery
- Shoulder surgery
- Sports orthopedics, including cartilage cell transplantation, treatment of patellar lesions, partial resection and re-fixation of the meniscus, knee ligament reconstruction
- Orthopedic oncology (focus on the treatment of tumors and bone metastases)
- Pediatric orthopedics and traumatology
- Other medical services
Education and Professional Career
- 1996 - 2003 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Tuebingen.
- 2004 - 2016 Clinical and Scientific Career in the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the University Hospital Freiburg.
- 2010 Board certification in Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- 2012 Head of the Department of Orthopaedic Oncology at the University Hospital Freiburg.
- 2013 Habilitation and title of PD, University of Freiburg.
- 2014 Additional qualification in Special Orthopedic Surgery.
- 2015 Chief Surgeon and Deputy Head of the Maximum Care Endoprosthetics Center at the University Hospital Freiburg.
- 2016 Additional qualification in Special Traumatology.
- 2016 Head of the Maximum Care Endoprosthetics Center at the University Hospital Freiburg.
- Since 2017 Chief Physician of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery at the Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin.
- Joint replacement surgery and revision interventions on the knee and hip joints.
- Orthopedic cancer surgery.
- Joint-preserving interventions on the knee and hip joints.
- Musculoskeletal injuries, including pelvic and spinal injuries.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Park-Klinik Weißensee GmbH
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery.
Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.