University Hospital Essen
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology (289986)
Specialized in: urology, pediatric urology
About the department
The Department of Urology at the Essen University Hospital under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Boris Hadaschik offers the entire spectrum of services in the field of urology. The focuses include surgical and drug treatment of urological cancer, pediatric urology and plastic reconstructive surgery in case of pathologies of the external genital organs and urinary tract, including neurourology and modern incontinence treatment. The Essen University Hospital has Da Vinci surgical system, which is shared with the Department of Gynecology / Obstetrics and the Department of General and Transplant Medicine.
The Polyclinic of Urology at the Essen University Hospital annually treats about 8,000 patients. The Department provides outpatient counseling on all focuses (in particular, andrology, brachytherapy, pediatric urology, transsexuality, intersexuality, oncology and incontinence). There are treated about 3,200 inpatients and performed 4,000 outpatient interventions.
The Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Boris Hadaschik is the certified Educational Center of the European Board of Urology. According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Urology at the Essen University Hospital ranks among the top German departments specializing in prostate cancer treatment!
The Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology at the Essen University Hospital has over 55 beds in two sections and four urologic beds in the Intensive Care Unit. There are three urologic operating rooms and the clinic of urology, ESWL and an X-ray room.
The focuses of the Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology at the Essen University Hospital are:
- Radical surgery for kidney, bladder, prostate cancer
- Laparoscopic tumor surgery for kidney / prostate cancer
- Conservative surgery for kidney cancer
- Retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy for testicular cancer
- HDR brachytherapy and radiation therapy for prostate cancer
- Chemotherapy, immunotherapy and systemic therapy for all urological tumors
- Clinical trials
- Outpatient chemotherapy
- Cancer prevention/postoperative care
- Palliative and analgesic therapy
- Pediatric urology
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital pathologies of the genitourinary system
- Cooperation with Pediatric Nephrology
- Plastic reconstructive surgery, including plastic surgery of the renal pelvis, hypospadias repair, surgery for intersex conditions, endoscopic surgery
- Diagnosis and treatment of infertility
- Cooperation with NOVUM Fertility Center
- Diagnosis and treatment of erectile dysfunction, including the implantation of corpus cavernosum prosthesis
- Treatment of deformities of the external genitalia
- Men’s health, androgen deficiency in aging male
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Urinary incontinence treatment
- Outpatient surgery
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology.
University Hospital Essen:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home