University Hospital Essen
Department of Nephrology (290002)
Specialized in: nephrology
About the department
The Department of Nephrology is part of the Medical Clinic and the Transplant Center at the Essen University Hospital. The director of the Department is Prof. Dr. med. A. Kribben. The clinical focus of the Department lies on the care and treatment of patients with kidney diseases and hypertension, immunological diseases and kidney failure. The Department of Nephrology at the Essen University Hospital offers the entire spectrum of diagnosis and treatment in modern nephrology. Apart from the clinical activity, the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. A. Kribben is engaged into an active scientific activity and makes every effort to provide the best training for medical students.
The Essen University Hospital uses the most advanced and the most efficient dialysis methods to treat progressive kidney diseases. During the peritoneal dialysis, patients receive all the necessary counseling, care and follow-up. The Department is distinguished not only due to its kidney transplant from a living donor, but also due to such methods as crossover kidney transplantation and kidney transplantation upon AB0 incompatibility.
Furthermore, the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. A. Kribben deals with the treatment of all types of hypertension, especially with the diagnosis and treatment of severe (malignant) and secondary hypertension. In cooperation with the Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology and Neuroradiology, the Department of Cardiology, as well as the Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery at the Essen University Hospital, the Department is especially focused on renovascular hypertension.
The range of services of the Department of Nephrology at the Essen University Hospital:
- Diagnosis and treatment of all kidney diseases, hypertension, autoimmune and concomitant diseases
- Kidney transplantation
- All options of dialysis treatment and other extracorporeal methods, including liver dialysis
- The latest and the most efficient methods of dialysis and peritoneal dialysis
- Severe forms of collagenosis; vasculitis with and without kidney diseases
- Preparation and follow-up care for the patients with kidney and pancreas transplant
- Kidney transplant from a living donor, innovative techniques, including crossover transplantation and kidney transplantation upon AB0 incompatibility
Department of Nephrology.
University Hospital Essen:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home