Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg
Department of General, Visceral, Vascular, Thoracic Surgery and Bowel Cancer (284600)
Specialized in: abdominal surgery, general surgery, vascular surgery, thoracic surgery
About the department
The Department of General, Visceral, Vascular, Thoracic Surgery and Bowel Cancer at the Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg covers all types of surgery, incl. surgical procedures on the abdomen, endocrine glands, vessels and thoracic surgery. There are performed about 2,200 operations a year. The department has 75 beds, including an Intensive Care Unit. The head of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Saad.
According to the concept of the department, its medical care meets the latest scientifically confirmed principles. The team consists of three senior doctors, four doctors specializing in surgery, four assistants and a competent medical staff.
The department is especially focused on the treatment of bowel cancer. Since 29.04.2008, the Bowel Cancer Center Oberberg has been certified by the German Cancer Society. It means that the center meets all the requirements of the German Cancer Society and thus is recommended by it. There are developed comprehensive and individualized treatment plans for every patient within the interdisciplinary tumor boards.
The department has all advanced treatment methods corresponding to the latest scientific achievements, recommendations and guidelines of the German Cancer Society.
The Bowel Cancer Center offers the following services:
- Cancer prevention through informing on preventive measures and early diagnosing
- Scientifically grounded and effective diagnosis and treatment corresponding to the guidelines of the German Cancer Society
- Wide medical range due to the involvement of specialists from various disciplines
- Competence and extensive experience of the involved physicians
- Interdisciplinary tumor board aimed at the development of individual treatment plans
- Personal patient’s health records used for obtaining information and monitoring of disease progression
- Counseling and support services, including counseling on nutrition, physical therapy, social services and self-help groups
- Cooperation with your family doctor
The main focuses of the Department of General, Visceral, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery include:
- Cancer surgery (malignancies)
- Gastrointestinal tract, especially surgical treatment of stomach and bowel cancer
- Tumors of the pancreas, liver and biliary tracts
- Tumors of the endocrine glands (thyroid, adrenal, pancreas)
- Soft tissue tumors
- Multivisceral resections (cancer spread to several organs)
Minimally invasive surgery
- Anti-reflux surgery (heartburn, regurgitation)
- Hernia surgery (inguinal, umbilical hernias, abdominal wall hernias and postoperative hernias)
- Surgical treatment of gastric benign and malignant diseases
- Surgical treatment of bowel
- Thoracic surgery (partial lung resection, chest pleura diseases)
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Removal of the adrenal gland and spleen
Surgical treatment of obesity (surgical treatment of morbid obesity)
- Gastric banding
- Gastric bypass surgery
- Sleeve gastroplasty
- Biliopancreatic diversion surgery
- Carotid artery surgery
- Surgery of the abdominal, iliac and femoral artery
- Surgical treatment of varicose veins
- Arteriovenous fistula for dialysis
- Minimally invasive endovascular dilations (balloon dilatations)
- Minimally invasive stent (tube) placement
- Surgical treatment of hernias
- Removal of the cecum
Saad was born in Wuppertal, studied not only human medicine, but also politics, history and philosophy in Aachen and Cologne.
In 1986, he received his license as a physician, and in 1989, after a successful doctoral studies and distinction for the best
dissertation as an assistant physician, he joined the University of Cologne-Merheim. After spending two years in Japan,
he returned to Merheim in 1998. 2001 followed his habilitation and he was awarded for the university's teaching qualification.
As a senior physician for visceral, vascular, and transplant surgery, the focus of his clinical work was most recently in
oncological surgery, including transplants. Saad is a specialist in minimally invasive surgical procedures and the treatment of
particularly severe obesity.
Department of General, Visceral, Vascular, Thoracic Surgery and Bowel Cancer.
Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home