Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics and Mammology ( 284602)
Specialized in: gynecology, obstetrics
The Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Mammology at the Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg provides both conservative and surgical comprehensive treatment of women. The treatment of malignancies involves not only surgery, but also radiation and chemotherapy, hormone therapy and antibody therapy. The department offers all gynecological operations, incl. surgery to correct proplapses and urinary incontinence, sparing techniques of removing the uterus and a variety of minimally invasive interventions for different diseases. The department is headed by Dr. med. Anja Weishap.
One of the main focuses of the department is the treatment of gynecological tumors (cancer of the uterus, labia and ovaries). The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics together with its Breast Center is part of the Cancer Center Oberberg.
The top-priority objective of the Breast Center is both interdisciplinary diagnosis and treatment of the patients with breast cancer corresponding to the relevant recommendations of the German Cancer Society and the Society of Gynecologic Oncology.
In order to detect cancer as early as possible and to provide a primary therapy necessary for increasing the survival rate of patients, the therapists specializing in conventional and alternative medicine work hand in hand. Therefore, patients do not need to travel long distances to receive medical care.
The treatment program, including operative and adjuvant therapy, is developed together with the patient, if necessary, even with her relatives who are completely aware of her disease.
In case of metastases, the Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg offers customized treatments involving chemotherapy, hormone therapy, radiation therapy and surgery of metastases.
The Breast Center Gummersbach Oberberg offers its patients the best medical care, nursing and administrative services.
The main objectives of the Breast Center are:
- Reduction of the death rate and improvement of the quality of live
- Accurate diagnosis and treatment meeting all medical recommendations
- Improvement of patient care quality in cooperation with the regional private practitioners
- Continuous improvement of doctors’ qualification
- Work with the public on the aspects of mammology
- Further development of the relations within the professional community
- Economic management
The service range of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics covers:
- Conservative treatment of complaints and inflammations
- Endoscopic surgery (“keyhole surgery”), e.g. sterilization, operations on the ovaries, ectopic pregnancy. Whenever possible, these operations are performed on the outpatient basis.
- Operations for urinary incontinence include tape placement, such as Trans-Vaginal-Tape (TVT) und Trans-Obturatorial-Banding (TOB).
Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics and Mammology
- Gummersbach, Germany