Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg
Department of Otolaryngology, Facial Plastic Surgery, Head and Neck Cancer (284604)
Holger Harald Migdal
Specialized in: otolaryngology
About the department
The Department of Otolaryngology, Facial Plastic Surgery, Head and Neck Cancer at the Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg offers medical care meeting the latest medical achievements and with the use of all diagnostic and surgical capabilities available this field. The department annually provides about 3,000 operations both on an outpatient and inpatient basis. The department is headed by Dr. med. Holger Harald Migdal.
The department is equipped with three operating rooms and a postoperative recovery room. The standard equipment, which includes three modern operating microscopes, is complemented by specialized equipment for the use of endoscopic minimally invasive surgical methods of this area.
The certified Head and Neck Cancer Center at the Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg is the Center of Excellence for early diagnosis and treatment of head and neck cancer. The goal of the center is to increase the patients’ chances of recovery and to improve their quality of life. The effective high-class treatment and care of patients is ensured by the provision of common standards in diagnosis and treatment of head and neck malignancies. This medical care is based on the most advanced scientific achievements.
The comprehensive diagnostics for diagnosis specification and determination of tumor focus is followed by the development of an interdisciplinary customized treatment plan (within interdisciplinary conferences), which meets the needs of each patient. Depending on the indications, there can be provided both minimally invasive and radical surgery.
The range of medical services of the center includes the following tumors:
- Upper respiratory and digestive tracts (oral cavity, throat, pharynx, larynx, trachea)
- Nose and paranasal sinuses
- Major salivary glands (submandibular gland, parotid gland)
- Thyroid gland
- Soft tissues of the neck
- Side or front skull base
- Skin of the face and neck (e.g. basal cell skin carcinoma, malignant melanoma, cancroid)
The main clinical and surgical focuses of the department include:
- Tumor surgery
- Nose, paranasal sinus and skull base surgery
- Ear surgery, incl. operations to improve hearing and balloon dilatation
- Plastic and aesthetic surgery on the nose, ear, face and neck
- Head and neck trauma surgery
- Pancreatic and thyroid surgery with the use of intraoperative neuromonitoring
- Surgery of the neck soft tissues
- Computerized intraoperative navigation
- Radio frequency method, carbon dioxide laser for sparing operations on the larynx, oral cavity and nose with a little blood discharge
- Treatment of snoring
- Tinnitus treatment
Department of Otolaryngology, Facial Plastic Surgery, Head and Neck Cancer.
Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home