Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg
Department of Otolaryngology, Facial Plastic Surgery, Head and Neck Surgery (284604)
Holger Harald Migdal
Specialized in: otolaryngology, facial plastic surgery, head and neck surgery
About the department
The Department of Otolaryngology, Facial Plastic Surgery, Head and Neck Surgery at the Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services in these medical fields. It has 40 beds for inpatient treatment. The department's surgeons perform more than 3,000 surgical interventions annually. Many operations are performed on an outpatient basis. The department has three ultramodern operating rooms, the technical base of which allows the doctors to carry out even particularly complex surgical procedures. The department also includes the Postoperative Unit for round-the-clock monitoring of patients. The department is headed by Dr. med. Holger Harald Migdal.
The key to successful treatment is the accurate diagnostics, which serves as the basis for the development of the most effective therapeutic tactics. The department carries out general otolaryngologic tests, modern endoscopic and ultrasound examinations of the larynx, trachea, nose and paranasal sinuses. An audiometry serves to assess hearing. The department also provides the comprehensive balance diagnostics. When performing rhinoplasty (nose reshaping), the doctors use a special computer program, which allows them to model the predicted result of the intervention.
The department operates a certified Head and Neck Tumor Center. It has the status of the leading medical facility in the region in the field of diagnostics and treatment of head and neck neoplasms. The aim of clinical practice is to maximize the restoration of the health of patients and improve their quality of life. Due to the compliance with the unified standards of medical care for patients with malignant head tumors, the department guarantees effective treatment and care at the highest level. The treatment regimen for each patient is developed individually, at interdisciplinary tumor boards. Depending on the clinical indications, minimally invasive or organ-preserving surgery or radical resection can be performed.
Facial plastic surgery is represented by highly qualified experts in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery. The surgeons specialize in a wide range of surgical interventions, ranging from minimally invasive techniques to extensive plastic surgery of high complexity. Especially popular are eyelid plastic surgery (blepharoplasty), reconstructive surgery after the removal of tumors or accidents, correction of congenital malformations (plastic surgery using flaps, free tissue transfer, application of epitheses), face and neck lift, nose and ear reshaping.
The key focuses of the department's work include:
- Cancer surgery (diagnostics and treatment of head and neck tumors within the certified center)
- Nose, paranasal sinus and skull base surgery
- Ear surgery, including operations for hearing improvement, Eustachian tube dilation using the Bielefeld balloon catheter
- Plastic and aesthetic surgery of the nasal cavity, auricles, face and neck
- Treatment of head and neck injuries
- Surgical interventions on the salivary glands and thyroid gland using intraoperative neuromonitoring system
- Surgical interventions on the soft tissues of the neck
- Computer-assisted intraoperative navigation interventions
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Laser surgery (CO2 laser) of the larynx, mouth and nasal cavity
- Treatment of snoring
- Treatment of tinnitus (noise in ears)
- Other medical services
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Conservative treatment
- Diagnostics and treatment of tinnitus
- Diagnostics and treatment of dizziness
- Diagnostics and treatment of allergic diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of snoring
- Surgical treatment
- Computer-assisted surgery (special focus on the use of computer navigation for paranasal sinus surgery)
- Paranasal sinus surgery
- Tonsil surgery (an innovative technique for microscopic tonsillectomy using BiClamp® system)
- Ear surgery
- Ear canal surgery (dilation in case of stenosis)
- Middle ear surgery (tympanoplasty, hearing improvement measures)
- Balloon dilatation of the Eustachian tube in case of chronic otitis media
- Ectopic paracentesis and tympanostomy tube placement
- Mastoid process removal (mastoidectomy)
- Saccotomy in case of Meniere's disease
- Otoplasty (ear reshaping)
- Reconstructive surgery of the external ear (after injuries, removal of tumors)
- Plastic and aesthetic surgery of the face, reconstructive interventions in the head and neck
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)
- Reconstruction of defects after injuries and resection of tumors (for example, plastic surgery using rotation flaps, free tissue transfer)
- Face and neck lift
- Rehabilitation in facial paralysis
- Surgical treatment of injuries
- Treatment of nose fractures
- Treatment of orbital fractures
- Treatment of fractures of the zygomatic bone and maxilla (mainly using miniplate osteosynthesis)
- Treatment of fractures of the lower jaw using osteosynthesis and intermaxillary fixation
- Treatment of skull base fractures
- Surgery of benign and malignant neoplasms of the head and neck
- Other conservative and surgical treatment methods
Department of Otolaryngology, Facial Plastic Surgery, Head and Neck Surgery.
Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.