Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg
Department of Internal Medicine I (Diabetology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases, Cardiology, Nephrology and Dialysis, Pulmonology) (284605)
Specialized in: internal medicine, gastroenterology, diabetology, nephrology
About the department
The Department of Internal Medicine I at the Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg provides treatment of diseases in the fields of gastroenterology (diseases of the digestive tract, liver and pancreas), nephrology and dialysis (kidney diseases) and conservative cardiology (heart diseases), diabetology, infectious diseases and pulmonology. The department is headed by Dr. med. Robert Hoffmann.
The department offers its patients with diabetes services of the consultant diabetologist (according to the program of the German Diabetes Association DDG). After the diagnosis is made, one of the first measures is structured training of the patient. To make it easier for patients to accept and understand the disease, consultant diabetologists provide full basic information about the disease itself and how to live with it. The main task is to restore or maintain the patient's quality of life. The consultant diabetologist is responsible for training and advising patients (and their loved ones) with type I diabetes, type II diabetes, patients with insulin dispensers and other forms of diabetes, such as gestational diabetes.
The Section of Endoscopy of the Department of Internal Medicine I provides diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy for both adults and children more than 4,000 times a year.
The service range of the Section of Endoscopy:
- Mucotomy and polypectomy
- Ligation and sclerotherapy of the esophageal varices
- Bougienage for esophageal stenosis
- Endoscopic treatment of achalasia
- Treatment by argon beam coagulator (angiodysplasia, vascular ectasia, tumors)
- Endoscopic removal of a foreign body
- Installation of PEG gastrostomy, monitoring and revision
- Endosonography (diagnosis and treatment)
- ERCP (diagnostic and interventional)
- Sonography-guided targeted puncture of the abdominal organs
To treat patients with infectious diseases, who need isolation, the department has 8 beds with a disinfecting chamber. Also, the chief physician of the department supervises a specialized outpatient clinic for the patients with chronic hepatitis B and C.
The department has a wide modern range of non-invasive cardiac diagnosis and treatment for the patients with heart and circulatory disorders.
The spectrum of services of cardiac angiologic diagnosis covers:
- ECG at rest and during exercises
- Continuous ECG
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Electrical cardioversion
- Electrical stimulation for cardiac arrhythmias
- Doppler sonography of all vessels
- Implantation of single and dual chamber stimulators
- Cardiac monitor implantation
- Monitoring of cardiac pacemakers (after surgery or during inpatient stay)
- 2D and 3D echocardiography
- 2D and 3D TEE echocardiogram
- 2D and 3D stress echocardiography
- Examination of the right heart
- Cardio MRI (MRI of the heart)
Nephrology and Dialysis
The Section of Nephrology and Dialysis offers the entire spectrum of diagnosis in nephrology. In addition to special urinary tests (urine protein test and test to determine the composition of cellular elements) and conventional imaging methods (ultrasound, color duplex sonography, CT, MRI), there is provided a renal biopsy. Moreover, there are carried out all modern special immunological examinations. The treatment of all nephrological clinical pictures diagnosed by the above-mentioned methods is provided according to the internationally recognized guidelines.
The range of kidney diseases includes both primary (glomerulonephritis) and secondary diseases, such as diabetic nephropathy, nephrosclerosis due to hypertension or immunologic and rheumatic diseases.
The Department of Internal Medicine I provides treatment of all diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract. It specializes in the treatment of infectious lung diseases and asthmatic complaints. The field of nephrology offers a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic methods.
- Pulmonary function test with the whole-body plethysmography
- Bronchospasmolysis and bronchoprovocation test
- Ultrasound of the lungs and pleural cavity
- ECG of the right heart
- Videobronchoscopy (endoscopic examination of the bronchi) by means of biopsy and transbronchial puncture
- Bronchial lavage for bacterial diagnosis
- Thoracic drainage – treatment of pleural effusion and pneumothorax
- Pleurodesis (chemical and drug obliteration of the pleura)
Department of Internal Medicine I (Diabetology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases, Cardiology, Nephrology and Dialysis, Pulmonology).
Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home