Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg
Department of Neurology (284608)
Specialized in: neurology
The Department of Neurology at the Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg provides both diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscles.
Since 1 July 2010, the Department of Neurology has been headed by Prof. Dr. med. Franz Blaes. He leads 5 senior doctors, 12 assistants and a motivated team of medical staff and therapists. The department has 3 standard wards with 72 beds, a certified Stroke Unit with 10 beds and 4 beds in the multidisciplinary Intensive Care Unit.
The Department of Neurology treats the following diseases:
- Tumors of the brain and spinal cord
- Acute inflammations of the nervous system and meninx (e.g. meningitis)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Polyneuropathies and other diseases of the peripheral nervous system
- Parkinson’s disease and other extrapyramidal motor disorders (such as blepharospasm, torsion dystonia)
- Acute and chronic headaches
- Other chronic pains (such as backache, neuralgia)
- Weakness and atrophy of muscles
- Mental disorders related to the changes in the brain
- Gummersbach, Germany