Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery, Hand, Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery (284610)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric orthopedics, trauma surgery, hand, foot surgery and reconstructive surgery
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery, Hand, Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery at Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery, Hand, Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery at the Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg offers the full range of medical services in these fields, including the accurate diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment. Medical care can be provided to patients of all age categories. The department has 125 beds for inpatient treatment. The basis of the successful clinical practice is the advanced technical base, the use of effective and reliable treatment methods, as well as the highest professionalism of doctors and nursing staff. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Christian Probst.
For outstanding quality of medical care, the department has been awarded many prestigious certificates, for example, DIOcert, CLARCERT и endoCERT certificates.
The department is a leading regional Trauma Center with certification from the German Society of Trauma Surgery. The experienced specialists offer competent medical care to patients with musculoskeletal injuries, including spinal and pelvic fractures. The department also deals with the treatment of injuries of a high degree of severity, polytrauma and sports injuries.
Another department's key focus is joint replacement surgery. It successfully performs operations to replace knee, hip, shoulder, ankle joints, as well as the finger joints. In most cases, operations are performed using sparing minimally invasive techniques. A significant advantage is the use of a progressive navigation system in combination with the BrainLAB system for the most accurate implantation of an artificial joint.
The department also has exceptional competence in hand surgery. The therapeutic options include microsurgical interventions for lesions of the nerve endings and vessels of the hand, replantation operations, operations for the treatment of rheumatic hand lesions, hand joint replacement surgery, correction of congenital and acquired hand defects, etc. The microvascular flaps can be used to close extensive soft tissue defects. The department's specialists are proud of their successful experience in endoscopic treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome.
The department annually performs more than 3,000 surgical interventions, while the number of patients is steadily increasing. The basis of surgical treatment is the use of minimally invasive techniques, which reduce the risk of intraoperative hemorrhage and guarantee a rapid recovery of mobility. Autohemotransfusions and blood donation are also widely used.
The therapeutic service range of the department includes:
- Sports injuries and arthroscopic surgery
- Treatment of the rotator cuff tear
- Treatment of impingement syndromes
- Acetabular rim stabilization
- Treatment of shoulder dislocation
- Treatment of cruciate ligament injuries
- Treatment of meniscal lesions
- Reconstruction after patellar dislocation
- Treatment of elbow dislocation
- Treatment of joint stiffness
- Removal of intra-articular loose body
- Treatment of injuries of varying severity (certified Trauma Center)
- Knee, hip, shoulder, ankle joint replacement surgery, as well as finger joint endoprosthetics
- Hand surgery
- Microsurgical reconstruction of nerve endings and blood vessels
- Surgery for rheumatic hand lesions
- Correction of congenital and acquired hand deformities
- Treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Foot surgery
- Hallux valgus and hallux rigidus correction
- Hammer finger correction
- Treatment of Morton's neuroma
- Treatment of ankle arthrosis
- Foot ligament reconstruction
- Tendon reconstruction (extensor tendons, flexor tendons)
- Achilles tendon repair surgery (in case of rupture, achillodynia)
- Heel spur treatment
- Selection of orthopedic shoes
- Spinal surgery
- Conservative treatment
- Treatment of fractures of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, as well as sacral and pelvic fractures
- Kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty
- Surgical treatment of spinal metastases
- Removal of spinal tumors
- Spondylodiscitis treatment
- Spinal stenosis treatment
- Intervertebral disk surgery
- Spinal stabilization surgery
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Christian Probst
- Work in the Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics, Hospital Cologne-Merheim.
- Board certification in Surgery, Orthopedics and Traumatology, Special Traumatology.
- Deputy Director and Medical Consultant, DGUV West (occupational accidents and diseases insurance).
- Chief Physician of the Emergency Medical Service, radiological diagnostics of the musculoskeletal system.
- Director of the Emergency Medical Service for Injured Patients, European Board of Surgery Qualification (EBSQ).
- Medical Coordinator of the Network of Trauma Centers in the Cologne region, Consultant at the Geriatric Trauma Center in Cologne (AltersTraumaZentrum Köln).
- Additional specialization in Pediatric Traumatology, Treatment of Femoral Fractures, Joint Replacement Surgery.
- Chief Physician of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery, Hand, Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery at the Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinikum Oberberg GmbH
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery, Hand, Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery.
Hospital Gummersbach Oberberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.