Heart and Diabetes Center NRW Bad Oeynhausen
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Treatment of Congenital Heart Defects (586941)
Specialized in: pediatric cardiology, treatment of congenital heart defects
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Treatment of Congenital Heart Defects at the Heart and Diabetes Center NRW Bad Oeynhausen offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services in these fields. The department specializes in the treatment of all congenital heart defects in children, adolescents and adults. The Chief Physician of the department is PD Dr. med. Matthias Peuster. This is a highly qualified and world-renowned specialist who has saved many children’s lives.
In addition to drug treatment, it uses sparing catheter techniques. The parents and relatives are directly involved in the treatment, since their support and help for young patients is one of the keys to a successful therapy outcome. The outstanding quality of medical care is confirmed by the ever-increasing number of patients who seek medical help from the department.
To timely detect congenital heart defects still in the womb, the cardiologists of the department use modern ultrasound technology of fetal echocardiography. In addition, diagnostic capabilities include 3D ultrasound, echocardiography, cardiac MRI, etc.
The cardiac catheterization laboratory is equipped with the cutting-edge medical equipment adapted to the needs of the child's body. It serves to perform all types of sparing diagnostic and therapeutic catheter procedures, which are used even in the treatment of complex heart defects. The catheter interventions are mostly used to treat aortic and pulmonary artery stenoses, as well as atrial septal defects. It should be noted that the high professionalism of the department’s doctors allows for the sparing treatment of premature babies weighing up to 2000 grams. The department performs more than 400 heart catheter procedures every year.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of atrial septal defects
- Diagnostics and treatment of ventricular septal defects
- Diagnostics and treatment of tetralogy of Fallot
- reconstruction of the right ventricular outflow tract
- Diagnostics and treatment of cardiomyopathies
- Diagnostics and treatment of heart valve stenosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of patent foramen ovale
- Diagnostics and treatment of inflammatory heart diseases
- Preoperative and postoperative intensive care
- Diagnostics and treatment of arrhythmias
- Ultrasound diagnostics, including fetal echocardiography
- Cardiac MRI
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic services
- 1989 - 1996 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Freiburg.
- 1998 - 2001 Research Fellow at the Center for Pediatrics and Human Genetics, Hannover Medical School.
- 2001 - 2002 Senior Physician in the Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Intensive Care, Center for Pediatrics at the University Hospital Göttingen.
- 2003 - 2006 Senior Physician of the Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Treatment of Congenital Heart Defects at the Heart and Diabetes Center NRW Bad Oeynhausen.
- 2006 - 2010 Head of the Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Intensive Care at the University Hospital Rostock.
- 2010 - 2013 Professor for Pediatric Cardiology, University of Chicago, USA.
- Since 2013 Head of the Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Heart Clinic Jilin , Changchun (Jilin Province, China).
- Head of the Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Treatment of Congenital Heart Defects at the Heart and Diabetes Center NRW Bad Oeynhausen.
- Graduation thesis defense, University of Freiburg. Subject: "An interregional study that compares diagnostic and therapeutic strategies in patients with coronary heart disease in Basel, Bad Krozingen, Colmar and Mulhouse".
- 2004 Habilitation, Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, University of Bochum. Subject: "Corrosion of cardiovascular implants. Implant defect or a new principle of biodegradation?".
- Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions.
- Anatolian Journal of Cardiology.
Membership in Scientific Societies
- German Society of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine (DGKJ).
- German Society of Cardiology (DGK).
- German Society of Pediatric Cardiology (DGPK).
- European Society of Cardiology (ESC).
- Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI).
- International Society for Interventional Cardiology for Congenital Heart Diseases (ISICCHD).
- European Society for Biomaterials (ESB).
- German Society for Biomaterials.
- Center of Competence Medimplant.
Photo of the doctor: (с) Herz- und Diabeteszentrum NRW, Bad Oeynhausen
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Treatment of Congenital Heart Defects.
Heart and Diabetes Center NRW Bad Oeynhausen:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.