Hospital Kloster Grafschaft Schmallenberg
Department of Intensive Care and Weaning (148)
Specialized in: internal medicine
About the Department of Intensive Care and Weaning at Hospital Kloster Grafschaft Schmallenberg
Kloster Grafschaft hospital has an intensive care department with 14 beds. All internal emergency diseases (heart attack, stroke, lung embolism, gastro-intestinal bleeding, etc.) can be treated here according to the latest medical knowledge. A special focus of the hospital is the supervision and so-called weaning of patients after long-term respiration.
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Dominic Dellweg
- 1989 – 1991 Preclinical education at the University of Cologne
- 1991 – 1995 Clinical education at the University of Cologne
- 1995 Practical year in Pediatrics (elective) at the Department of Pediatry, Children's Hospital Amsterdamer Str. in Cologne
- 1995 Practical year in the field of Internal Medicine at the District Hospital Gummersbach
- 1995 Practical year in the field of Surgery at the University Hospital Boston, USA
- 1996 Partial approbation (license to practice medicine)
- 1996 – 1999 Medical Intern and Assistant Physician at the District Hospital Gummersbach, Department of Internal Medicine Priv. Doz. Dr. med K. Grimmel
- 1998 Full approbation, American State Examination
- 1998 Recognition of the Doctoral Thesis at the University of Cologne
- 1999 – 2002 Residency in Internal Medicine, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
- 2002 Award for best graduate resident of the 2002 Graduation Year, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
- August 2002 Board certification in Internal Medicine in the USA (American Board of Internal Medicine)
- 2002 – 2007 Assistant Physician and Research Associate at the Specialist Hospital Grafschaft Abbey (Director Prof. Dr. med. D. Köhler)
- May 2004 Board certification in Internal Medicine
- November 2005 Board certification in Pneumology
- Since 2006, Teaching at the Philipps University of Marburg
- August 2007 Senior Physician at the Sleep Laboratory and Home Respiration, Specialist Hospital Kloster Grafschaft
- December 2009 Board certification in Somnology
- July 2013 Head of the Department of Pneumology I (Intensive Care and Weaning, Early Rehabilitation after Long-term Ventilation), Specialist Hospital Kloster Grafschaft, Schmallenberg
- 2013 Habilitation at the Philipps University of Marburg
- Author of the S2 Guideline "Noninvasive and Invasive Ventilation as a Therapy of Chronic Respiratory Failure" of the German Society of Pneumology (DGP)
- Author and member of the core working group of the S2 Guideline "Prolonged Degradation of Respirator" of the German Society of Pneumology (DGP)
- Member and author of the Critical Care HERMES Task Force Group of the European Respiratory Society (ERS)
- Board member of the German Interdisplinary Society of Home Mechanical Ventilation (DIGAB)
Photo of the doctor: (c) Fachkrankenhauses Kloster Grafschaft
Department of Intensive Care and Weaning.
Hospital Kloster Grafschaft Schmallenberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.