Hospital Kloster Grafschaft Schmallenberg
Department of Intensive Care and Weaning (148)
Specialized in: internal medicine
About the department
Kloster Grafschaft hospital has an intensive care department with 14 beds. All internal emergency diseases (heart attack, stroke, lung embolism, gastro-intestinal bleeding, etc.) can be treated here according to the latest medical knowledge. A special focus of the hospital is the supervision and so-called weaning of patients after long-term respiration.
- 1989 – 1991 Preclinical education at the University of Cologne
- 1991 – 1995 Clinical education at the University of Cologne
- 1995 Practical year in Pediatrics (elective) at the Department of Pediatry, Children's Hospital Amsterdamer Str. in Cologne
- 1995 Practical year in the field of Internal Medicine at the District Hospital Gummersbach
- 1995 Practical year in the field of Surgery at the University Hospital Boston, USA
- 1996 Partial approbation (license to practice medicine)
- 1996 – 1999 Medical Intern and Assistant Physician at the District Hospital Gummersbach, Department of Internal Medicine Priv. Doz. Dr. med K. Grimmel
- 1998 Full approbation, American State Examination
- 1998 Recognition of the Doctoral Thesis at the University of Cologne
- 1999 – 2002 Residency in Internal Medicine, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
- 2002 Award for best graduate resident of the 2002 Graduation Year, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
- August 2002 Board certification in Internal Medicine in the USA (American Board of Internal Medicine)
- 2002 – 2007 Assistant Physician and Research Associate at the Specialist Hospital Grafschaft Abbey (Director Prof. Dr. med. D. Köhler)
- May 2004 Board certification in Internal Medicine
- November 2005 Board certification in Pneumology
- Since 2006, Teaching at the Philipps University of Marburg
- August 2007 Senior Physician at the Sleep Laboratory and Home Respiration, Specialist Hospital Kloster Grafschaft
- December 2009 Board certification in Somnology
- July 2013 Head of the Department of Pneumology I (Intensive Care and Weaning, Early Rehabilitation after Long-term Ventilation), Specialist Hospital Kloster Grafschaft, Schmallenberg
- 2013 Habilitation at the Philipps University of Marburg
- Author of the S2 Guideline "Noninvasive and Invasive Ventilation as a Therapy of Chronic Respiratory Failure" of the German Society of Pneumology (DGP)
- Author and member of the core working group of the S2 Guideline "Prolonged Degradation of Respirator" of the German Society of Pneumology (DGP)
- Member and author of the Critical Care HERMES Task Force Group of the European Respiratory Society (ERS)
- Board member of the German Interdisplinary Society of Home Mechanical Ventilation (DIGAB)
Photo of the doctor: (c) Fachkrankenhauses Kloster Grafschaft
Department of Intensive Care and Weaning.
Hospital Kloster Grafschaft Schmallenberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.