Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg
Department of General and Visceral Surgery ( 286089)
Specialized in: general surgery, visceral surgery, vascular surgery, proctology
The chief physician of the Department of General and Visceral Surgery is Dr. med. Franz-Heinrich Flammang, specialist in the field of surgery, vascular, visceral surgery and an endovascular surgeon.
The Department of General and Visceral Surgery at the District Hospital of Waldbröl has over 40 beds and is focused on minimally invasive surgery. A special emphasis is also on tumor surgery with preoperative diagnosis and postoperative care, carried out in a close cooperation with the Cancer Unit of the District Hospital of Waldbröl, which is a part of the certified Cancer Center Oberberg.
A special focus is on the so-called proctological surgery. There is provided surgical treatment for perianal inflammations, fistulas and fissures as well as medical record based treatment of hemorrhoids, for example, Milligan-Morgan technique and hemorrhoidectomy by Longo. Moreover, the Department carries out transanal resection of adenomas and polyps, uses STARR technique for rectal resection in case of hemorrhoids combined with prolapse.
In addition, the Department of Surgery at the District Hospital of Waldbröl specializes in thyroid surgery, which is constantly performed with the use of a binocular loupe by means of intraoperative neuromonitoring to observe the recurrent laryngeal nerve (lat. nervus laryngeus recurrens).
The range of services of the Department of General and Visceral Surgery under the direction of Dr. med. Franz-Heinrich Flammang at the District Hospital of Waldbröl includes:
- Diagnostic operative treatment
- Surgical treatment
- Surgery of inguinal and umbilical hernias
- Pediatric surgery, including the treatment of inguinal and umbilical hernias as well as circumcision due to phimosis
- Repair of the undescended testicle / inguinal cryptorchidism
- Removal of benign tumors, such as lipoma and atheroma
- Abscess revision
- Sclerotherapy for hemorrhoids
- Diagnosis and treatment of the gastrointestinal tract, gastric surgery, surgery of small and large intestine, rectum, gall bladder and bile ducts
- Tumor surgery of the gastrointestinal tract with the preoperative diagnosis and therapy as well as postoperative care within the framework of the certified Cancer Center
- Treatment of inflammations of the thoracic wall and pleural cavity
- Drainage in case of emphysema resection
- Treatment of intra-abdominal injuries caused by traumas
- Thyroid surgery, which is constantly performed with the use of neuromonitoring and a binocular loupe
- Antireflux surgery for hiatal hernia etc.
Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg
Department of General and Visceral Surgery
- Waldbrоl, Germany