Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg
Department of Vascular Surgery (286092)
Wojciech Jan Szczotka
Specialized in: vascular surgery
About the department
The Department of Vascular Surgery at the Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg offers all the options of modern medicine for the diagnostics and treatment of diseases of arteries, veins and lymphatic vessels. More than 30 beds are available for inpatient treatment of patients. the department is headed by Dr. med. Wojciech Jan Szczotka.
The department includes the certified Center of Excellence for Vascular Surgery Oberberg, which is the only facility of this kind in the region. With all the necessary technical resources and advanced therapeutic methods, the department's specialists can successfully treat diseases of the aorta, cerebral arteries, mesenteric arteries, limb arteries, veins and lymphatic vascular system.
The clinical practice involves the use of both classic open surgical techniques and sparing minimally invasive catheter techniques, such as balloon dilatation and stent implantation. The treatment regimen for each patient is selected individually. Prior to treatment prescription, the patient undergoes the comprehensive diagnostics, including dopplerography, color duplex sonography, light reflection rheography, venous occlusion plethysmography, phlebography, angiography, computed tomography, etc.
The department's service range includes the following surgical options:
- Carotid stenosis surgery
- Treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Open surgery
- Endovascular procedure (abdominal aorta prosthetics)
- Treatment of acute and chronic circulatory disorders of the lower limbs
- Open surgery (peripheral artery bypass surgery)
- Interventional procedures (balloon dilatation and stent implantation)
- Hybrid interventions (combination of open surgery and interventional procedure)
- Treatment of varicose veins
- Conservative therapy
- Classic surgical interventions
- Endovenous procedures
- Surgical treatment of thoracic outlet syndrome
- Treatment of thromboses
- Treatment of chronic wounds and diabetic foot
- Formation and correction of vascular dialysis access
- Implantation of port systems for chemotherapy
- Implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators
- Other medical services
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinikum Oberberg GmbH
Department of Vascular Surgery.
Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.