Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery, Hand, Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery (286096)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric orthopedics, trauma surgery, hand, foot surgery and reconstructive surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery, Hand, Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery at the Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg offers the full range of diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment of all diseases of the musculoskeletal system. The department has 125 beds for patient hospitalization. It deals with the treatment of both adult and young patients. The department has received many prestigious certificates for its outstanding quality of medical care, including DIOcert, CLARCERT and endoCERT certificates. The department also has the status of a regional Trauma Center (certificate of the German Trauma Society). The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Christian Probst.
The department's trauma surgeons provide both conservative and surgical treatment of injuries of varying severity, including spinal, pelvic injuries and polytrauma.
One of the most important areas of specialization is joint replacement surgery (within the specialized certified center). The center performs endoprosthetics of the knee, hip, shoulder, ankle joints and small finger joints. In most cases, when performing joint replacement surgery, the doctors use sparing minimally invasive techniques, which allow to restore the patient's mobility as soon as possible. An additional advantage is the intraoperative use of a modern navigation system, which ensures the highest accuracy (up to a millimeter) during the implantation of an artificial joint. The department was one of the first in Germany where they began to use a similar navigation device in combination with the BrainLAB system.
The service range is complemented by hand surgery (this is the only medical facility in the region specializing in this medical field). The department performs all interventions on the hand, including microsurgical reconstruction of nerve endings and blood vessels, replantation, operations for rheumatic hand lesions, finger joint replacement, etc. When treating congenital and acquired hand deformities, both conservative and surgical methods can be used, depending on the severity of the pathology and clinical indications. The department's specialists have unique experience in the endoscopic treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome using the Agee technique.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Sports injuries and arthroscopic surgery
- Treatment of rotator cuff tear
- Treatment of impingement syndromes
- Acetabular rim stabilization
- Treatment of shoulder dislocation
- Treatment of cruciate ligament injuries
- Treatment of meniscus lesions
- Reconstruction after patellar dislocation
- Treatment of elbow dislocation
- Treatment of joint stiffness
- Removal of intra-articular loose body
- Surgery to replace knee, hip, shoulder, ankle joints, as well as small finger joints
- Treatment of injuries of any severity (certified Trauma Center)
- Hand surgery
- Microsurgical reconstruction of nerve endings and blood vessels
- Surgery for rheumatic hand lesions
- Correction of congenital and acquired hand deformities
- Foot surgery
- Hallux valgus and hallux hybridus correction
- Correction of mallet fingers
- Treatment of Morton's neuroma
- Treatment of ankle arthrosis
- Foot ligament reconstruction
- Tendon reconstruction (extensor tendons, flexor tendons)
- Achilles tendon surgery (for ruptures, achillodynia)
- Heel spur treatment
- Selection of orthopedic shoes
- Spinal surgery
- Conservative treatment
- Treatment of fractures of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, as well as sacral and pelvic fractures
- Kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty
- Surgical treatment of spinal metastases
- Removal of spinal tumors
- Spondylodiscitis treatment
- Spinal stenosis treatment
- Interventions on the intervertebral discs
- Surgery for spinal stabilization
- Other therapeutic options
- Work in the Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics, Hospital Cologne-Merheim.
- Board certification in Surgery, Orthopedics and Traumatology, Special Traumatology.
- Deputy Director and Medical Consultant, DGUV West (occupational accidents and diseases insurance).
- Chief Physician of the Emergency Medical Service, radiological diagnostics of the musculoskeletal system.
- Director of the Emergency Medical Service for Injured Patients, European Board of Surgery Qualification (EBSQ).
- Medical Coordinator of the Network of Trauma Centers in the Cologne region, Consultant at the Geriatric Trauma Center in Cologne (AltersTraumaZentrum Köln).
- Additional specialization in Pediatric Traumatology, Treatment of Femoral Fractures, Joint Replacement Surgery.
- Chief Physician of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery, Hand, Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery at the Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg.
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery, Hand, Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery.
Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.