Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg
Department of Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery, Hand and Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery (286096)
Specialized in: orthopedics, traumatology, special traumatology, hand surgery, physical therapy
About the department
The Department of Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery, Hand and Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery offers the full range of medical services in accordance with the latest scientific achievements of medicine. The department is the certified Trauma Center, the certified Pain Free Hospital and is awarded the KTQ quality mark (certificate of quality and transparency in the field of medical care). The chief physician of the department is PD Dr. med. Christian Probst, a highly qualified specialist in orthopedics, traumatology, special traumatology, hand surgery, physiotherapy.
The department has 135 beds and employs 8 senior doctors, 16 medical assistants, a competent medical team, psychotherapists and administrative staff who take care of the health of their patients.
The service range of the department includes:
- Vascular surgery
- Hand surgery
- Foot surgery
- Sports traumatology
- Spinal injuries and diseases
- And other focuses of this medical field
- Certified regional Trauma Center
- Geriatric traumatology
- The whole range of endoprosthetic replacements
- Hand joints
- Finger joints
- Arthroscopic surgery of all joints, including hand, finger and ankle joint
- The whole range of spinal surgery, including kyphoplasty for osteoporotic fractures
- The whole range of hand surgery, including micro- and replantation surgery
- The whole range of foot surgery
- And other focuses of this medical field
- 1994 – 1996 Study of Physics at the Heidelberg University.
- 1996 – 2001 Hannover Medical School, Medical exam.
- 2002 Doctorate in medicine, Department of Cardiology, Medical School Hannover.
- 2001 – 2002 Top Management Consulting, McKinsey & Co. in Hamburg.
- 2002 – 2003 Internship, Department of Trauma Surgery, Hannover Medical School (Head – Prof. Dr. med. C. Krettek).
- 2003 – 2009 Assistant Physician, Department of Trauma Surgery of the Hannover Medical School.
- 2005 – 2010 Medical Director, Air Rescue Centre Christoph 4 at the Hannover Medical School.
- 2009 – 2010 Senior Physician, Department of Trauma Surgery of the Hannover Medical School (Emergency Traumatology, Polytrauma, Tumor/ Reconstructive Surgery, Hip Endoprosthetics).
- 2011 – 2018 Senior Physician and Head of the Section of Geriatric Trauma, Department of Traumatology, Orthopedics and Sports Traumatology at the Hospital Cologne-Merheim.
- 2012 Faculty member (Venia legendi, Habilitation) for Orthopedics and Traumatology at the Witten/Herdecke University.
- Since 03/2018, Head of the Department of Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery, Hand and Foot Surgery, and Reconstructive Surgery, Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg.
- Federation of German Surgeons (BDC).
- German Society of Trauma Surgery (DGU):
- Section of Emergency and Intensive Care, Severe Injury (NIS Section) of the DGU.
- Secretary of the German Congress for Orthopedics and Traumatology (DGU, 2014).
- German Society of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (DGOU).
- Working Association "Osteosynthesis" (AO).
- Courses "Examination in Orthopedics and Traumatology", "Bedside Teaching", Lectures/Seminars.
- Orthopedics/Traumatology, Practical year.
- Regular examination activities incl. State Examination.
- Medical Advanced and Postgraduate training:
- ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) training.
- AO (Association for the Study of Internal Fixation) courses.
- Expert seminars.
- DePuy-Synthes Resident Course.
- Nursing School.
- Rehab Management for Statutory Accident Insurers.
- Der Unfallchirurg.
- Scand Journal of Trauma Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine.
- Journal of Emergency Medicine (DKOU).
- AO Trauma.
- TraumaRegister (DGU).
Department of Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery, Hand and Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery.
Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home