Treatment of venous malformation with sclerotherapy (program ID: 693038)
Helios Hospital Hildesheim
Jörg WerhandSpecialized in: interventional radiology
Department of Interventional Radiology
The program includes:
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- CT/MRI scan
- preoperative care
- sclerotherapy in venous malformation
- postoperative MRI control
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- developing of further guidance
You may also book:
About the department
The Department of Interventional Radiology at the Helios Hospital Hildesheim provides the full range of medical services in the area of its specialization. The team of the department's doctors specializes in diagnostic and therapeutic image-guided interventional procedures. The doctors have at their disposal the most advanced imaging devices, including X-ray systems, ultrasound devices, equipment for computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging. In most cases, the department's specialists perform interventions on the vessels, and therefore doctors from the Department of Vascular Surgery are often involved in the therapeutic process. The use of state-of-the-art equipment allows the patients to get rid of pathological changes in the vessels of any part of the body, excluding open invasive surgery with its high risks. The department's medical staff has excellent qualifications and vast clinical experience, so patients confidently trust their health to real professionals. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Jörg Werhand.
Every day, the department's doctors carry out image-guided catheter procedures to eliminate stenosis and vascular obstruction, which, if not treated promptly, can even lead to death. The most effective therapeutic interventions in this area are balloon dilation and stent implantation. The treatment is quite often carried out on an outpatient basis. In some cases, for example, when carrying out interventions on the carotid arteries, the patient still needs a short hospitalization.
The department's therapeutic offer is complemented by other image-guided procedures. These are tissue sampling (biopsy), punctures, placement of drains, pain therapy for chronic back pain (periradicular therapy, facet joint block).
Another important focus of the department's specialists is the interventional treatment of tumors. The department's specialists perform embolization for the treatment of benign and malignant tumors. This is a minimally invasive catheter procedure, during which the doctor occludes (closes) the blood vessels supplying the tumor. The procedure helps to reduce the size of the tumor or slow down its growth, thereby increasing the effectiveness of further therapeutic measures (chemotherapy, surgery, etc.). In addition, the operation is accompanied by significantly less blood loss after embolization.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Interventions to eliminate vascular stenosis and obstruction
- Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty
- Stent implantation
- Embolization of blood vessels to arrest haemorrhage, treat uterine fibroids, etc.
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Implantation of port systems
- Aortic replacement surgery for aneurysms
- Biliary drainage
- Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiodrainage
- Stent implantation
- Pain therapy for chronic back pain
- Periradicular therapy
- Facet joint block
- Puncture treatment of false aneurysms of the femoral arteries using thrombin injections
- Other image-guided interventional procedures
Higher Education and Professional Career
- Study of Human Medicine at the Universities of Mainz and Tuebingen.
- 1992 Admission to medical practice.
- 1993 Doctoral Degree in Medicine.
- Since 1993 Residency in the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at the hospitals in Schaffhausen, Marburg, Duisburg and Paderborn.
- Attending Physician at the hospitals in Hildesheim and Hanover.
- 1996 Board certification in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology.
- Since October 2005 Chief Physician of the Department of Interventional Radiology at the Helios Hospital Hildesheim.
- Therapeutic interventions on the vessels.
- Interventional diagnostics of the breast.
- Diagnostic imaging: computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Radiological Society.
- European Society of Radiology.
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe.
- European Board of Interventional Radiology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Helios Kliniken GmbH
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Treatment of venous malformation with sclerotherapy
- Hospital: Helios Hospital Hildesheim
There are 56 treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics