Surgical treatment esophageal cancer with resection and plasty from small intestine tissues (program ID: 508946)
Academic Hospital Nuremberg
Hubert SteinSpecialized in: general, abdominal and thoracic surgery
Department of General, Abdominal and Thoracic Surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- tumor markers
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- abdominal ultrasound
- gastroscopy with biopsy
- CT/MRI abdomen
- analysis on the hp (helicobacter pylori)
- preoperative care
- removal of the tumor with plastic of the esophagus
- histologically and immunohistochemically
examination of the remote tissues
- blood transfusions (if needed)
consultation on nutrition
1-day intensive care unit stay
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
According to Focus magazine, the Department of General, Abdominal and Thoracic Surgery at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg ranks among the top German medical facilities specializing in the treatment of intestinal and lung cancer!
The department offers the full range of surgical treatment for general surgical diseases, abdominal and thoracic pathologies. Another priority field of the department's work is bariatric surgery, which helps the patients with morbid obesity successfully lose weight. The department's specialists give preference to sparing minimally invasive techniques. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Hubert Stein.
In order to optimize interdisciplinary cooperation, the department established the Bowel Cancer Center, which provides comprehensive diagnostics and treatment of the disease, including care before and after surgery. The center is certified in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 standards.
One of the key focuses of the department's work is bariatric surgery. This field offers not only the most advanced medical equipment, but also extensive experience, including special knowledge regarding the treatment of overweight patients. In the case of complications or concomitant diseases, a team of doctors carry out treatment in collaboration with specialists from related disciplines.
The department’s range of medical services includes:
- General and abdominal surgery
- Hernia repair
- Endocrine surgery
- Liver, biliary tract, pancreatic surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Esophageal surgery
- Surgical treatment of chronic inflammatory bowel diseases
- Surgical treatment of cancers
- Colorectal surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastroplasty
- Placement of an adjustable gastric banding
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch
- Thoracic surgery, including video-assisted interventions
- Tracheal surgery (tracheobronchial resection)
- Surgery for mediastinal edema
- Surgery for pneumothorax
- Surgery for pulmonary emphysema
- Surgery for pleural diseases (pleural effusion, pleural empyema, pleural tumors)
- Correction of pectus excavatum
- Emergency surgery
- Minimally invasive interventions (for example, gallbladder removal, hernia repair, treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease, spleen removal, etc.)
- Robotic surgery (for example, operations on the esophagus, stomach, pancreas, liver, lungs, thymus, etc.)
- Treatment of chronic wounds
- Other surgical options
- 1996 Board certification in Surgery.
- Specialization in Thoracic Surgery.
- Specialization in Abdominal Surgery.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Since 1992 German Society of Surgery.
- Since 1992 Society of Bavarian Surgeons.
- Since 1992 International Society for Diseases of the Esophagus.
- Since 1992 German Association of Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders.
- Since 1993 International Club for Digestive Surgery.
- Since 1991 Working Group on Swallowing Disorders.
- Since 1996 Society for Digestive Surgery.
- Since 1997 International Gastric Cancer Association.
- Since 1997 German Cancer Society.
- Since 1997 European Society for Surgical Research.
- Since 1998 German Society for Abdominal Surgery.
- Since 2001 Professional Association of German Surgeons.
- Since 2003 American College of Surgeons.
- Since 2004 International Society for Digestive Surgery.
- Since 2005 Austrian Society of Surgery.
- Since 2005 Austrian Working Group on Surgical Oncology.
- Since 2005 Salzburg Medical Association.
- Since 2006 Salzburg Cancer Society.
- Annals of Surgery.
- British Journal of Surgery.
- Annals of Thoracic Surgery.
- Der Chirurg.
- Langenbecks Archives of Surgery.
- American Journal of Gastroenterology.
- Digestive Surgery.
- Digestion - Endoscopy.
- Laboratory Investigations.
- World Journal of Surgery.
- European Surgery.
- Digestive Diseases and Sciences.
Membership in Editorial Boards of Journals
- Since 2005 Diseases of the Esophagus.
- Since 2005 World Journal of Surgery.
- Since 2005 Langenbeck’s Archives of Surgery.
- Since 2006 European Surgery
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Surgical treatment esophageal cancer with resection and plasty from small intestine tissues
- Hospital: Academic Hospital Nuremberg
- access_time Duration:
There are 23 esophageal cancer treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics