Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Department of Vascular and Thoracic Surgery
Specialized in: vascular surgery, thoracic surgery
A modern and individually patient-oriented medicine can only be provided by a competent teamwork. This interdisciplinarity is implemented at the Department of Vascular and Thoracic Surgery on a daily basis.
In the Vascular Center the treatment of acute and chronic disorders of blood circulation (peripheral arterial occlusive disease) in legs, hands, brain arteries and mesenteric arteries is conducted. In addition to surgical procedures such as bypassing or enucleation of vasoconstriction (thromboendarterectomy), the Center for Treatment of Vascular Diseases offers a full range of interventional therapies such as percutaneous transluminal angioplasty and stents.
The focus of treatment at the Vascular Center is:
- Circulatory disturbance in legs
- Circulatory disturbance in hands
- Blood supply disturbance in brain vessels
- Circulatory disturbance in mesenteric arteries
- Reconstruction of the renal arteries
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Peripheral vascular aneurysm
- Surgical treatment of varicose veins
- Venous aneurysm
- Venous thrombectomy in case of pelvic vein thrombosis
- Implantation of pacemaker and defibrillator
- Vascular lesions, cancer vascular surgery and vascular malformations
- Bypass surgery for dialysis access
- Treatment of patients with vascular prosthesis infections
- Chronic wounds
The Department of Thoracic Surgery makes all the extracardiac surgery on lungs, bones of the chest, bronchial tree, trachea and diaphragm are performed. Surgical procedures at the Department of Thoracic Surgery include:
- Pleural mesothelioma
- Metastasis surgery
- Reconstruction of the chest wall
- Surgery for reducing lung volume/ emphysema surgery
- Thoracoscopy and thoracoscopic operations with video support
- Mediastinoscopy and surgery of the mediastinum
- Treatment of pneumothorax
- Thoracic sympathectomy
The clinic is an academic hospital in the Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main. Clinic includes ten departments and four specialized centers, and successfully implements the concept of patient-oriented medicine.
Accommodation in hospital
The kid rooms have everything needed for a comfortable stay. The kid bathroom includes both a toilet and a shower. All rooms offer functional beds with orthopaedic mattresses ensuring unsurpassed support for overall body during sleep. There are bedside stands with pull-out tables, lockers and safe boxes in each room. It is also possible to access the Internet from a PC, smartphone or tablet so that kids always keep in touch with their parents and other family members. There is also a TV in each room.
You can opt for a single or a double room. An accompanying person may stay with the kid in the room. A double room is shared with another patient.
The enhanced comfort rooms are equipped with a safety box, a fridge and upholstered furniture.
Meals and Menus
The patient and the accompanying person are offered a daily choice of three menus. If you are on a specific diet for any reason, you will be offered an individual menu. Please inform the medical staff about your dietary preferences prior to the treatment.
Standard rooms include:
Christian priests are available for the patients at any time. Representatives of other religions may be requested at any time.
Your companion may stay with you in your room or at a hotel of your choice during the fixed program.
You may stay at the hotel during the outpatient program. Our employees will support you for selecting the best option.
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on: