University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Department of Vascular Surgery (109395)
Specialized in: vascular surgery
About the department
The Department of Vascular Surgery at the University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of vascular diseases. The doctors of the department have excellent skills and deep knowledge in vascular surgery, ranging from complex interventions on the aorta and ending with modern (minimally invasive) techniques for the treatment of varicose veins using ultrasound. Also, in close collaboration with the specialists of the Center for Vascular Diseases, individual interdisciplinary therapy is provided for the patients with complex vascular and concomitant diseases. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Nikolaos Tsilimparis.
The diagnostic options of the department include:
- Diagnostics of arterial diseases
- B-mode sonography
- Duplex sonography
- Color duplex sonography
- Percutaneous microcirculation assessment
- Diagnostics of venous diseases
- Segment oscillography
- Light reflection rheography
- Intraoperative monitoring / diagnostics
- Doppler measurement of blood flow velocity
- Digital subtraction angiography
- Intraoperative neuromonitoring by permanent abduction of sensorimotor evoked potentials
- Intraoperative neuromonitoring using transcranial doppler sonography
- Other diagnostic examinations
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of aortic aneurysm
- Minimally invasive interventions with stenting
- Open interventions on the thoracic aorta (in collaboration with the Department of Cardiac Surgery)
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of peripheral arterial occlusive disease
- Balloon dilatation (including the smallest vessels)
- Extensive operations (for example, elimination of calcification, bypass surgery) on the vessels with implanted port systems
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of carotid stenosis
- Preventive drug treatment
- Stent implantation
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of varicose veins
- Stripping (removal of large varicose veins)
- Minimally invasive techniques (for example, vein sclerotherapy)
- Radiofrequency ablation (VNUS)
- Laser ablation
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of thoracic outlet syndrome
- Dialysis access provision
- Other medical services
Department of Vascular Surgery.
University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home