University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Department of Endocrinology, Rheumatology and Nephrology (113767)
Specialized in: endocrinology, rheumatology, nephrology
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Endocrinology, Rheumatology and Nephrology at the University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich ranks among the top departments in Germany for diabetes mellitus treatment!
The department offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of endocrine diseases, metabolic disorders, diabetes mellitus, kidney pathologies and rheumatic diseases. The long clinical experience, high rates of successful treatment, as well as modern therapeutic techniques and attentive patient care are the basis of the department’s work. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Martin Reincke.
The department’s service range covers the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Congenital dysfunction of the adrenal cortex (adrenogenital syndrome)
- Conn's syndrome
- Cushing's disease
- Pituitary diseases
- Metabolic disorders (lipid metabolism disorders)
- Type 1 and 2 diabetes
- Endocrine tumors
- Adrenal tumors
- Pituitary tumors
- Adrenal tumors
- Thyroid tumors
- Systemic lupus erythematosus and vasculitides
- Chronic kidney failure
- Arterial hypertension
- Tuberous sclerosis
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Patient care before and after kidney transplantation
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Reactive arthritis
- Enteropathic arthritis
- Sjogren's syndrome
- Myositis (polymyositis, dermatomyositis)
- Wegener's granulomatosis
- Autoimmune inflammatory diseases
- Rare endocrine, rheumatic diseases, kidney disease
- Other diseases and pathological conditions
Education and Posts
- Since 02/04 Chief Physician, Department of Endocrinology, Rheumatology and Nephrology, University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 07/02 - 07/04 Completion of residency in Internal Medicine/Endocrinology, University of Würzburg.
- 01/90 - 05/91 Postdoctoral Fellow National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Washington.
- 10/85-12/89 Residency in Internal Medicine, Section of Endocrinology, University of Cologne, Germany.
- 13.02.86 Doctoral degree (Dr. med.) Faculty of Medicine, University of Cologne, Germany.
- 1978-1985 Study of Human Medicine, Universities of Heidelberg and Cologne, Germany.
Fellowships and Awards
- 2016 ERC Advanced Grant PAPA.
- 2014 Prize for Good Teaching of the Bavarian Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and Art.
- 2008 Member, German Academy of Sciences Leopoldina.
- 1995 Schöller-Junkmann Award of the German Society of Endocrinology.
- 1994 Poster Award, German Society of Internal Medicine.
- 1991 German Research Foundation, Fellowship Grant at the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, USA.
Memberships in Scientific Societies
- 2014 - 2017 President of the German Society of Endocrinology (DGE).
- 2009 - 2013 Member of the Executive Committee of the European Society of Endocrinology.
- Since 2004, Founding Member of the Steering Committee of the European Network for the Study
- of Adrenal Tumors (ENSAT), since 2008 Chairman.
- Since 2010, National Representative of the Steering Committee of the European Science Foundation Network for the Study of Adrenal Tumors (ENSAT-ESF).
- 2000 - 2003 Member of the Executive Committee of the German Society of Endocrinology (DGE).
Photo of the doctor: (c) LMU Klinikum
Department of Endocrinology, Rheumatology and Nephrology.
University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.