University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Comprehensive Cancer Center Munich (301976)
Specialized in: oncology
About the department
The Comprehensive Cancer Center Munich (CCC Munich) at the University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich offers the accurate diagnostics and effective treatment of all types of cancer. The center has 3,500 beds. The medical institution is certified according to the standards of DIN EN ISO and the German Cancer Society, therefore it guarantees individualized medical care with the use of innovative treatment methods. The center is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Volker Heinemann.
The center brings together and coordinates the medical, scientific and teaching activities of the Technical University of Munich and Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, which makes it one of the largest centers of this kind in Germany and far beyond its borders.
The particular importance is attached to the continuous development and improvement of the interdisciplinary medical care. During the diagnostics and treatment planning, the competent team of experts takes care of patients. It specializes in all important fields of modern oncology (including internal medicine, surgery, radiation therapy, etc.). The primary goal of all doctors at the center is to provide the oncological patients with best treatment results.
In addition, much attention is paid to supporting both patients and their families during the whole treatment process. For this purpose, a number of concomitant and supportive treatment options are offered, including social counseling, nutrition counseling, sports, psycho-oncology, palliative care, self-help groups, etc.
The center specializes in the treatment of the following oncological diseases:
- Breast cancer
- Cancer of the female reproductive system
- Uterine cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Penile cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Bowel cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Liver cancer and liver metastases
- Bone and soft tissue cancer (sarcomas)
- Kidney cancer
- Lung cancer
- Head and neck tumors
- Endocrine tumors
- Brain and spinal cord tumors
- Hematologic malignant diseases (for example, leukemia)
- Oncological diseases in children
- Neuroendocrine tumors
- Thyroid cancer
- Other malignant diseases
- 1996 Medical Specialist in Internal Medicine.
- 1996 Habilitation, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1997 Medical Specialist in Oncology and Hematology.
- 2005 ESMO Examination (European Society for Medical Oncology).
- 2010 Appointment to the position of a Director of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Munich.
Scientific and Social Activities
- Leader of the Working Group on Internal Oncology.
- Leader of the Working Group on Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Munich.
- Leader of the Working Group on Pancreatic Cancer, AIO.
- Executive Member of the Working Group on Colorectal Cancer, AIO.
- Board Member of the Tumour Centre Munich (TZM).
- Board Member of the Project Group on Gastrointestinal Tumors at the Tumour Centre Munich (TZM).
- Principal Researcher in the German Consortium for Translational Oncology (DKTK).
- Editor of the Section for Oncological Gastroenterology in the European Journal of Cancer (EJC).
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- German Cancer Society (DKG).
- German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- Working Group on Internal Oncology (AIO).
- Tumour Centre Munich (TZM).
- German Society for Senology.
- European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC).
Photo of the doctor: (c) LMU Klinikum
Comprehensive Cancer Center Munich.
University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.