University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Department of Pediatric Neurology (304074)
Specialized in: pediatric neurology
About the Department of Pediatric Neurology at University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
The Department of Pediatric Neurology at the University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of all acute and chronic diseases of the nervous system in children. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Florian Heinen.
To provide a comprehensive medical care and optimal results, all the necessary specialists are involved, namely pediatric neurologists, psychologists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists. Depending on the complexity of the clinical situation, either outpatient or inpatient treatment may be offered. The department has all advanced diagnostic and treatment methods. Also, much attention is paid to the moral support of young patients and their parents.
The department’s range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of general neurological disorders and pathologies
- Diagnostics and treatment of developmental disorders
- Developmental disorders in premature babies
- Developmental and behavioral disorders of unknown origin
- Delayed development
- Impaired speech development, play behavior, communication with other children
- Genetic syndromes (for example, Prader-Willi syndrome, Rett syndrome, Down syndrome)
- Chronic diseases affecting the development of the child (for example, congenital metabolic disorders, epilepsy)
- Diagnostics and treatment of motor disorders
- Cerebral palsy of any severity
- Dystonia and dyskinesia
- Choreiform disorders
- Tic disorders
- Spastic paresis
- Spastic spinal paralysis
- Spastic syndromes after spinal cord injuries
- Idiopathic walking on toes
- Diagnostics and treatment of neuroimmunological diseases
- Multiple sclerosis
- Inflammatory neuropathies (for example, chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP), Guillain-Barré syndrome)
- Diagnostics and treatment of neuromuscular diseases
- Muscular dystrophies and congenital myopathies
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Hereditary polyneuropathies
- Congenital myasthenic syndromes
- Mitochondrial diseases
- Traumatic injuries of the peripheral nervous system
- Brachial plexus paralysis due to injuries during childbirth
- Diagnostics and treatment of headaches
- Chronic headache of unknown origin
- Tension headache
- Facial pain
- Diagnostics and treatment of other neurological diseases in children
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Florian Heinen
- Director of the Center for Social Pediatrics (iSPZ).
- Medical Specialist in Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine.
- Head of the Department of Pediatric Neurology at the University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- Migraines and headaches.
- Cerebral palsy, dystonia and other motor disorders.
- Impaired motor skills.
Photo of the doctor: (c) LMU Klinikum
Department of Pediatric Neurology.
University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.