Diagnosis and conservative treatment for liver cirrhosis (program ID: 148813)
University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Julia MayerleSpecialized in: gastroenterology, hepatology
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- (ALT, AST, GGT, AP, Bilirubin)
- enzymes and proteins
- hepatitis serology
- tumor markers (AFP)
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- abdominal ultrasound
- fibroscan (transient elastography)
- doppler blood vessels of the liver
- gastroscopy with endoscopic variceal banding
or sclerotherapy (if indicated)
- removing fluid with a needle in aszitis (paracentesis)
- detox therapy
- consultation of related specialists
- symptomatic specific treatment
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- control examinations
- full hospital accommodation
- developing of further guidance
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the University Hospital of the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich offers the full range of services in diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, pancreas. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Julia Mayerle.
The department performs all the innovative endoscopic procedures, as well as high-precision ultrasound and functional examinations, which allow making an accurate diagnostics and prescribe an appropriate effective therapy. In addition, it conducts active scientific and clinical trials contributing to the development of new treatment methods.
The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Neuroendocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- Cancer of the colon, pancreas, liver, and bile ducts
- Stones in the bile ducts and pancreatic duct
- Intestinal dysmotility, reflux esophagitis
- Chronic inflammatory bowel diseases
- Diseases of the small intestine of unknown origin, chronic diarrhea
- Cholestatic, inflammatory and infectious liver diseases
- Alcoholic liver diseases
- Liver cirrhosis (including the preparation for liver transplantation and postoperative care)
- Other diseases and pathological conditions
The service range of the department includes:
- Functional diagnostics
- Esophageal manometry
- 24-hour pH-metry
- 24-hour pH-impedancemetry
- Small bowel manometry
- 13C-octanoic acid breath test to assess the gastric emptying function
- 13C-urea breath test for Helicobacter pylori
- Hydrogen breath test (H2-breath test)
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Fluorescent examination methods
- Monochromatic laser radiation examinations
- High resolution Zoom video endoscopy
- Digital examinations
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography
- Capsule endoscopy
- Double-balloon enteroscopy
- Therapeutic endoscopy
- Treatment of esophageal varices
- Hemorrhage treatment
- Treatment of vascular malformations
- Treatment of polyps
- Treatment of benign and malignant tumors
- Treatment of stenosis
- Mucosectomy (resection of the mucous membrane in precancerous conditions)
- Photodynamic therapy for bile duct cancer
- Bougienage, dilation, plastic surgery and stenting of the bile ducts
- Intensive care
- Treatment of metabolic disorders (within the specialized outpatient clinic)
- Other medical services
- 2001 Doctoral thesis defense (Dr. med.) with honors (summa cum laude) and admission to medical practice.
- 1994 - 2001 Study of Medicine in Budapest, Würzburg, Muenster.
- 2003 - 2007 Clinical Residency in Internal Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, Endocrinology and Nutritional Medicine, University of Greifswald (Head: Prof. Dr. med. M.M. Lerch).
- 2007 Assistant in the Department of Molecular Gastroenterology, University of Greifswald, certification in Internal Medicine.
- 2009 Certification in Gastroenterology, Lister Scholarship, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, University of Glasgow, UK.
- 2011 Associate Professor (lifelong title) in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- 2013 Certification in Gastroenterology.
- 2016 Professor and Head of the Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2006 Martin Gulcov Prize, German Society for Digestive and Metabolic Diseases (DGVS).
- 2006 Sir Hans Krebs Prize, Hannover Medical School.
- 2013 Tannhauser Prize, German Society for Digestive and Metabolic Diseases (DGVS).
- 2006 President of the German Pancreatic Club.
- 2012 - 2015 Counselor, European Pancreatic Club, Commission for the Selection of Doctoral Theses.
- 2007 - 2010 German Society for Digestive and Metabolic Diseases (DGVS), Commission for the Selection of Doctoral Theses, Congress Secretary (2017).
- 2010 - 2015 Scientific Committee Member, United European Gastroenterology Federation (UEGF).
- Since 2011, Deputy Editor in Chief of the Pancreatology Journal.
- Since 2013, Advisor to the International Association of Pancreatology.
- American Pancreatic Association.
- Since 2016, Board Member of the European Association for Gastroenterologists, Endoscopists and Nutritionists (EAGEN).
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Diagnosis and conservative treatment for liver cirrhosis
- Hospital: University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- access_time Duration:
There are 35 liver cirrhosis treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics