Chemotherapy in Hodgkin lymphoma (Hodgkin disease) (program ID: 149269)
University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Michael von BergweltSpecialized in: oncology, hematology
Department of Oncology and Hematology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- tumor markers
- inflammation indicators
- indicators blood coagulation
- CT/MRI scan
- 1st course of chemotherapy
- control examinations
- nursing services
- consultation of related specialists
- explanation of individual treatment plan
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Oncology and Hematology at the University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich offers the full range of services in the field of diagnostics and treatment of oncological and blood diseases. Of particular interest is the treatment of patients with acute leukemia, lymphomas, carcinomas and sarcomas. The highly qualified medical team of 65 doctors and 130 nurses takes care of the health of the patients. About 2,800 inpatients and 10,000 outpatients are treated in the department annually. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. Dr. Michael von Bergwelt.
The innovative method of hyperthermia is applied in the department for the treatment of malignant tumors, the effectiveness of which is internationally recognized. In addition, the department has two modern units for allogeneic stem cell transplantation (bone marrow transplantation). Psycho-oncological care is also a significant aspect of the therapy.
The service range of the department includes the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Multiple myelomas
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Gastrointestinal tumors (including gastrointestinal stromal tumors)
- Rectal cancer
- Malignant ascites
- Malignant diseases of the liver, gallbladder and pancreas
- Lung cancer
- Pleural malignant diseases (for example, mesothelioma)
- Breast malignant tumors
- Malignant tumors of the female and male reproductive system
- Head and neck malignant tumors
- Bone and soft tissue sarcomas
- Other diseases
- 1988 - 1996 Study of Medicine at the Universities of Freiburg, Muenster and Paris (University of Paris-South XI).
- 1996 Admission to medical practice.
- 1994 - 1996 Study of Human Biology at the University of Paris-South XI.
- 1996 Master in Biological and Medical Sciences (MSBM, Maitrise de Sciences Biologiques et Medicales).
- 1996 Examination for the US medical license (USMLE), I and II parts.
- 1997 Thesis for the degree of Doctor of Medicine. Subject: "Phenotypic and functional characteristics of lymphocyte infiltrating tumor in patients with colorectal carcinoma stimulated by interleukin-2 and interleukin-4 in vitro" (University of Freiburg).
- 1997 - 1999 Internship, Department of Internal Medicine I (Head: Prof. Volker Diehl).
- 1999 Certification in Emergency Medicine, Lower Saxony.
- 1999 - 2002 Postdoctoral Fellow, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston.
- 2002 Thesis for the degree of Dr. rer. nat. Subject: "Biological and biotechnological analysis of antigen-presenting B-cells activated by CD40" (with honors, University of Oldenburg).
- 2002 - 2007 Internship and scholarship, Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Cologne (Head: Prof. Michael Hallek).
- 2003 - 2009 Head, Max-Eder Junior Research Group, German Cancer Society.
- 2006 Certification in Internal Medicine, Hematology and Oncology.
- 2007 Venia Legendi in Internal Medicine ("Analysis of the use of the antigen-presenting function of B cells for tumor immunotherapy").
- 2008 Certification in Intensive Care.
- 2008 Director of the Cologne Interventional Immunology Project and Scientific Director of the Stem Cell Transplant Program.
- 2009 Certification in Infectiology.
- 2011 Leading Senior Physician.
- 2012 Adjunct Professor in Internal Medicine, University of Cologne.
- 2012 Professor and Head of Hematology Сourse, Ronald Finn Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Liverpool (rejection).
- 2015 CARTime Research Consortium (CAR T-Cell Clinical Study in Melanoma), Research Coordinator from the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
- 2016 Research Consortium of the German Cancer Society (DKH) "Inhibition of control points of the immune response in Hodgkin's lymphoma", Head of the Section of Tumor Immunology.
- Since 2017, Head of the Department of Oncology and Hematology, University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
Awards, Honors and Memberships
- 2015 Best Abstract Award of the German Society of Hematology and Oncology DGHO (co-author).
- 2010 Travel Award of the American Society for Bone Marrow Transplantation.
- 2010 Basic Science Award (O84 Abstracts, co-author) of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation.
- 2002 Member of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Foundation, Germany.
- 2001 Member of the American Lymphoma Research Foundation.
- 1999 Travel Award of the American Society of Hematology.
- 1999 EMSA Science Award, University of Prague.
- 1999 1997 Member of the Mildred Scheel Foundation, German Cancer Society, University of Prague.
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Chemotherapy in Hodgkin lymphoma (Hodgkin disease)
- Hospital: University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- access_time Duration:
There are 59 hodgkin lymphoma treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics