Neurological rehabilitation Phase B (program ID: 448520)
Neurological Rehabilitation Clinic Godeshöhe Bonn
HahnSpecialized in: neurological rehabilitation
Department of Neurological Rehabilitation
The Department of Neurological Rehabilitation is one of the best German specialized institutions in the field of neurorehabilitation. Many well-known German and international patients come to the clinic for high quality medical services. The Head Physician of the department, Prof. Dr. med. Hans Karbe is a top-ranked specialist in the field of neurological rehabilitation, who is mentioned in the list of best physicians of Germany.
- Primary presentation in the clinic
- medical history, including family history
- complex neurological and orthopedic examinations
- CT / MRI / X-ray examination
- complex neurophysiological examinations
- individual rehabilitation program, which includes:
- propriozeptive neuromuskuläre fazilitation (PNF)
- transcranial magnetic stimulation (TNS)
- orofacial stimulation of Castillo Morales
- functional propriotrening
- various methods of respiratory gymnastics
- Wii Fit training in the use of the balance
- neuropsychological therapy
- functional therapy of the upper extremities (ArmeoSpring)
- functional electrical stimulation / neurostimulation
- kinesitherapy (physiotherapy)
- biocontrol with feedback
- healing deep muscle massage
- neuromuscular electrostimulation
- acupuncture of spasticity and pain syndromes
- occupational therapy
- psycho-educational classes
- logopedia in the language of the patient
- Individual physiotherapy
- microcurrent treatment
- fangotherapy / cryotherapy
- antispasmodic drug therapy (incl. Botox)
- mobilization of limb joints
- hydrotherapy / massage therapy / reflexology
- training on special trainers (Lokomat, exoskeleton)
- bladder training
- bowel training
- and etc.
- constant care nurses
- stay in the hospital with full board
- symptomatic and drug therapy
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Neurological Rehabilitation of the Neurological Rehabilitation Clinic Godeshöhe offers patients a full range of medical services. The department is headed by Doctor Hahn. The department is well known for its experience in the neurological rehabilitation area since 1979 and it cooperates with other specialized medical institutions for quick and comprehensive medical examination of the patient. The diagnostics which goes beyond the specialization of the clinic can be organized here as soon as possible.
The general interdisciplinary stroke unit is connected to the intensive care unit. Patients receive a treatment according to the highest standards with the participation of neuropathologists and internists.
The purpose of rehabilitation at Clinic Godeshöhe is to return the patients to his everyday life making it more independent, determined by themselves, and more qualitative. The professional team consisting of doctors from various medical spheres, such as psychologists, speech therapists, ergophysiotherapists, and others, helps patients to achieve the best possible results. The range of rehabilitation and support facilities is great, for example assistance for handicapped persons who are in critical condition with the purpose of restoring communicational abilities. In order to return to everyday life, the provided therapy helps to restore the ability to re-cope with implementation of everyday duties. This therapy also provides some common for working place situations which help to restore the patients in their professional lives.
Rehabilitation is carried out in the following areas:
- Central nervous system diseases.
- The consequences of strokes and heart attacks.
- Traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries.
- The consequences of brain tumors treatment.
- The consequences of the central nervous system inflammatory diseases.
- Polyneuropathy, multiple sclerosis.
- Degenerative diseases like Parkinson's disease.
- And others.
Types of rehabilitation used in the department:
- Individual and group motor-functional therapy.
- Power therapy.
- Sensitivity and fine motor training.
- Graphomotorics and writing skills training.
- Computer method of hand and arm training.
- Functional electrostimulation.
- "Treadmill" for recovery and walking training.
- Aqua therapy, swimming pool.
- Strength, balance and coordination training.
- Indoor and outdoor walking training.
- Group therapy.
- Individual selection of necessary aids, incl. wheelchairs, prostheses, orthoses (joint fixators), stair climbing devices, etc., and daily training with them.
- Ergometer training.
- Logopedic, speech and swallowing therapy.
- Instrumental diagnostics in the case of speech disorders.
- Videolaryngoscopy in the case of swallowing disorders (with the participation of a clinic therapist).
- Individual logopedic therapy in full accordance with the current phase of rehabilitation.
- Communicative training.
- Group therapy in the case of aphasia, acalculia and dysarthria.
- Relatives consultation.
- Logopedic and speech training with the help of computer.
- The training program in the case of non-phasic central speech disorders.
- Special training program in the case of dysarthria for those patients who suffer from Parkinson's disease.
- Treatment with the method of biological feedback in dysarthria, speech apraxia and dysphagia.
- Individual treatment.
- Rhythmic auditory stimulation.
- Cognitive group.
- «Emotional group».
- Singing treatment.
- Seriously ill patients group.
Photo: (c) depositphotos