Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin
Department of General, Abdominal and Minimally Invasive Surgery (302397)
Specialized in: general surgery, abdominal surgery
About the department
The chief physician of the department, PD Dr. med. Georg Arlt, is a leading doctor in the field of general and abdominal surgery. In addition to clinical activities, he is actively engaged in research, regularly participates in international conferences and is the author of a number of scientific publications. As a leading specialist, Dr. med. Georg Arlt also provides patients with a second opinion. In addition to the chief physician, the team of the department consists of three senior physicians, four highly specialized experts and six doctors, who have the highest qualification and long years of experience in the corresponding fields.
The Department of Surgery at the Park-Clinic Weissensee in Berlin is devoted to high quality treatment in the field of general and abdominal surgery, as well as in certain areas of vascular surgery. In particular, the department specializes in the abdominal wall surgery, surgical treatment of gastrointestinal diseases (the Abdominal Center and the Bowel Cancer Center) and minimally invasive surgery. Women are offered “scarless” surgical treatment with NOTES technique.
As part of the treatment in general surgery, the department performs a number of thyroid gland surgeries, including those on the parathyroid and adrenal glands, and also deals with the surgical treatment of varicose veins. The medical specialists of the department implant venous port catheter systems for pain treatment, dialysis, artificial nutrition and chemotherapy. In addition, there can be performed (open and minimally invasive) thoracic procedures and the whole range of septic soft tissue surgery.
Along with the Colon Cancer Center and the Abdominal Center, another focal point of the department is the Hernia Center. Every year, more than 550 hernias are treated here surgically (primarily inguinal, ventral and umbilical hernias). The surgical team performs both open and endoscopic hernia repair with (or without) mesh implants. Depending on patient’s wishes, the intervention can be performed under general, epidural or local anesthesia.
The Department of Surgery is the Bowel Cancer Center (certified by the German Cancer Society, DKG). This means that the department provides the best quality of colon cancer treatment according to the requirements of the German Cancer Society.
The range of medical services of the Department of Surgery includes:
- General surgery
- Endocrine gland surgery (thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands)
- Minimally invasive surgery
- NOTES surgery
- Inguinal, umbilical hernias and complications after hernia repair
- Surgery of varicose veins (varices) and implantation of dialysis shunts
- Thoracic surgery by open and thoracoscopic techniques (tumors, pneumothorax)
- Abdominal surgery
- Inflammation and tumors of the esophagus and stomach (tumors, diverticulum and gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Diseases of the pancreas and liver
- Gall bladder
- Inflammation and tumors of the large intestine and rectum (diverticulitis, tumor, sphincter muscle preservation)
- Rectal diseases (hemorrhoids, fistulae)
- Studium der ev. Theologie und der Humanmedizin in Hamburg sowie Ärztliche und wissenschaftliche Ausbildung an der Universitätsklinik Hamburg - Eppendorf und der Universitätsklinik der RWTH Aachen
- Arzt für Chirurgie und Viszeralchirurgie, D-Arzt
- Chefarzt der Abteilung Allgemein-, Viszeral- und minimal-invasive Chirurgie
- Lehrtätigkeit für das Fach Chirurgie an der Universitätsklinik der RWTH Aachen
- International Society of Surgery
- European Digestive Surgery
- European Hernia Society (Editorial Board of "Hernia")
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Chirurgie
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Visceralchirurgie
- Deutsche Herniengesellschaft
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Ultraschall in der Medizin
- Vereinigung Nordwestdeutscher Chirurgen
- Berliner Chirurgische Gesellschaft
- Berliner Medizinische Gesellschaft
- Medizinische Gesellschaft der RWTH Aachen
Department of General, Abdominal and Minimally Invasive Surgery.
Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home