Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery (302399)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology, plastic surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery at the Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services in these fields. The department specializes in microsurgery of the nose, larynx, salivary glands and soft tissues of the neck. It also successfully performs operations on the paranasal sinuses and nasal septum, as well as nose reshaping surgery. The department uses the very latest endoscopic and microsurgical techniques, as well as various types of laser therapy. The department has 40 beds for hospitalization of patients. In addition, the department has a modern Functional Diagnostics Unit.
The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Hans Behrbohm. The doctor is a unique specialist in surgical otolaryngology. He developed many modern microsurgical, endoscopic techniques, for example, biostatic surgery for chronic sinusitis. In addition, the professor specializes in facial plastic surgery, operations to improve hearing and surgical treatment of salivary gland diseases. The professor has performed more than 25,000 interventions in the area of his specialization, which demonstrates his vast experience and professionalism.
One of the important fields of the department's work is functional and aesthetic nasal surgery. Prior to the operation, the surgeon with the patient visualizes the desired final result using computer modeling. At the same time, the key attention along with the aesthetic aspect is paid to the improval of the nasal breathing function. It should be noted that nose reshaping surgery is one of the most complicated aesthetic interventions and requires extensive experience of surgeons.
The department is also particularly successful in paranasal sinus microsurgery, including at the international level. According to the latest data on the structural features of the ethmoid bone, the working group developed a new surgical technique – biostatic endoscopic ethmoid surgery. The essence of the technique is that the doctors removes only the affected cells of the mucous membrane using an ultra-thin endoscope, which reduces the risk of postoperative cicatricial stenosis. The development of this surgical technique is associated with a significant progress in otolaryngology. Nowadays, it has firmly entered into medical practice.
The department's field of competence also includes the diagnostics and treatment of otolaryngological diseases in children. To this end, the department has a specialized unit created for the treatment of young patients. Obviously, one of the parents has the opportunity to stay in the department with the child.
The diagnostic and therapeutic service range of the department includes:
- Endoscopy of the upper respiratory tract, nose, paranasal sinuses, larynx, middle ear
- Audiometry, speech audiometry, audiometry in children
- Impedance audiometry
- Otoacoustic emission (OAE)
- Brainstem evoked response audiometry (BERA)
- Balance organ testing (vestibulometry)
- Electistagmography (ENG)
- Allergy tests
- Computerized rhinomanometry
- Smell and taste testing (olfactometry)
- Conservative therapy
- Hearing loss
- Acute diseases of the balance organs
- Acute allergic reactions
- Inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity and soft tissues of the neck
- Facial bone and jaw fractures
- Surgical therapy
- General surgical procedures
- Removal of nasopharyngeal tonsils in children
- Removal of other tonsils
- Eardrum dissection and, if necessary, tympanostomy tube insertion
- Removal of lymph nodes and neck cysts
- Special surgical procedures
- Endoscopic and microscopic operations for chronic inflammation of the nose and paranasal sinuses, polyps in the nose and paranasal sinuses
- Functional and aesthetic nasal surgery
- Facial plastic surgery for tumors, accidents
- Surgery for age-related facial changes
- Middle ear reconstructive and hearing improving surgery
- Treatment of facial fractures, skull base fractures, zygomatic / nasal bone fractures by means of modern osteosynthesis systems
- Treatment of lacrimal duct stenosis
- Salivary gland surgery
- Surgery of the larynx and soft tissues of the neck
- Surgical treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea
- General surgical procedures
- Other medical services
- Study of Human Medicine in Berlin.
- Internships in the USA and the Netherlands.
- Medical and Scientific Training in Charité.
- Board certification in Otolaryngology.
- Additional qualifications in Plastic Surgery and Allergology.
- Extraordinary Professor of Otolaryngology at the Humboldt University of Berlin.
- Permission for advanced training courses in Otolaryngology.
- Since 1997 Chief Physician of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery at the Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin.
- 2000 - 2002 President of the North German Society of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- Since 2011 Deputy Medical Director of the Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Society of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- North German Society of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- German Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (DGPW).
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS).
- European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery.
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Park-Klinik Weißensee GmbH
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery.
Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.