Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin
Department of Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery ( 302399)
Specialized in: otolaryngology, plastic surgery
The chief physician of the Department of Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery, Prof. Dr. med. Hans Behrbohm, is a unique specialist in the field of surgical otolaryngology. He has developed many modern microsurgical, endoscopic methods of otolaryngology, for example, biostatic surgery for chronic sinusitis. In addition, the professor specializes in facial plastic surgery, surgical procedures to improve hearing and operations on the salivary glands. Overall, Prof. Dr. med. Hans Behrbohm has performed more than 25,000 surgeries in his specialization. In the Department of Otolaryngology, he leads a team consisting of two senior physicians, three highly specialized medical experts and seven doctors, which distinguishes itself through professional knowledge, many years of experience and the highest competence in the field of facial aesthetics.
The Department of Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery at the Park-Clinic Weissensee in Berlin is specialized in microsurgery of the nose, larynx, salivary glands and soft tissues of the neck. This includes operations on the paranasal sinuses and nasal septum, as well as nose correction (plastic surgery). The department uses cutting-edge endoscopic and microsurgical medical technologies and various lasers. The department has a total of 40 beds and the state-of-the-art Section of Functional Diagnostics.
One of the most important focuses of the department is functional and aesthetic surgery of the nose. Before the surgical procedure, the surgeon together with the patient determines the desired end result using computer simulation. At the same time, in addition to the aesthetic aspect, the key attention is paid to the improvement of both function and form of the nose. It should be noted that nose correction surgery ranks among the most complex aesthetic operations and require an extensive experience.
Another priority of the department is microsurgery of the paranasal sinuses, thanks to which the department has an excellent international reputation. Based on the latest findings regarding the structure of the ethmoid bone, the working group has developed a new surgical method - biostatic endoscopic surgery on the ethmoid bone. The essence of the method is that an ultrathin endoscope is used to remove only the infected cells of the mucous membrane, which allows for avoiding the reduction of scar narrowing of the ethmoid tissue. Today, this surgical method, which is a significant progress in otolaryngology, is firmly established in medical practice.
Also, the Department of Otolaryngology provides treatment to children and adolescents. For this purpose, the department has the Section of Pediatrics, which is created specifically to serve young patients. Of course, there is Rooming-in.
The range of medical services of the Department of Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery includes:
- Endoscopy of the upper respiratory organs, nose, paranasal sinuses, larynx, middle ear
- Audiometry, speech audiometry, pediatric audiometry
- Impedance audiometry
- Otoacoustic emissions (OAE)
- Auditory brainstem response (BERA)
- Measurement of balance function (vestibulometry)
- Electronystagmograpic (ENG)
- Computerized rhinomanometry
- Smell and taste testing (olfactometry)
- Conservative treatment
- Hearing loss
- Acute diseases of the vestibular system
- Acute allergic reactions
- Inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity and soft tissues of the neck
- Fractures of facial and cranial bones
- Surgical therapy (general basic operations)
- Removal of enlarged adenoids (polyps) in children, tonsillectomies, incision of tympanic membrane and, if necessary, implantation of tympanostomy tubes, removal of lymph nodes or cysts in the neck
- Surgical therapy (specific operations, including):
- Endoscopic and microscopic operations in case of chronic inflammations of the nose and paranasal sinuses, polyps of the nose and paranasal sinuses
- Functional aesthetic surgery of the nose
- Facial plastic surgery after tumors, accidents
- Surgery for the ageing face
- Sanation and hear improving middle ear surgery (tympanoplasty)
- Treatment of skull fractures in the face, skull base, zygomatic bone or nasal bone with the aid of modern osteosynthesis systems
- Treatment for tear duct narrowing
- Salivary gland surgery
- Surgery on the larynx and soft tissues of the neck
- Surgical treatment of snoring and sleep apnea syndrome
Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin
Department of Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery
- Berlin, Germany