Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin
Department of Gastroenterology, Oncology, Pulmonology and Diabetology (302400)
Specialized in: gastroenterology, oncology, pulmonology, diabetology
About the department
The Department of Gastroenterology, Oncology, Pulmonology and Diabetology at the Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment in these fields. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Mathias Strowski.
The competence of the department's doctors includes the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, oncological diseases, diseases of the respiratory system and diabetes mellitus. To establish an accurate diagnosis, the department’s doctors use modern endoscopic techniques, functional diagnostics of the gastrointestinal tract, pulmonary function testing, including bronchoscopy, ultrasound scanning, etc. The state-of-art technical equipment and professionalism of the department's specialists allow them to regularly demonstrate high treatment success rates.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of gastrointestinal disorders (endoscopic and drug therapy methods)
- Endoscopic removal of polyps
- Endoscopic stent placement and laser therapy for stenoses
- Hemostasis for gastrointestinal bleeding
- Endoscopic removal of tumors
- Treatment of Zenker's diverticulum
- Treatment of hemorrhoids
- Treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of pancreatic diseases (acute and chronic pancreatitis)
- Diagnostics and treatment of liver and biliary tract diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of oncological diseases
- Gastrointestinal tumors
- Lung tumors
- Kidney tumors
- Thyroid tumors
- Lymph node tumors
- Tumors of the hematopoietic system
- Surgical treatment
- Endoscopic treatment
- Drug therapy
- Radiation therapy
- Antibody therapy
- Diagnostics and treatment of lung diseases
- Lung cancer
- Respiratory tract infections
- Diagnostics and treatment of diabetes mellitus
- Training programs / consultations on type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Prevention, diagnostics and treatment of complications of diabetes mellitus
- Practical exercises on self-monitoring of blood glucose levels
- Nutrition counseling on diabetes mellitus
- CGM system (implantation of modern subcutaneous sensors for blood glucose levels monitoring)
- Diagnostics and treatment of infectious diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of other pathologies
Education and Professional Career
- Since 07.2016 Chief Physician of the Department of Gastroenterology, Oncology, Pulmonology and Diabetology at the Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin.
- 2013 - 2016 Chief Physician of the Department of Gastroenterology, Elbland Hospital, Meissen.
- 2010 - 2013 W2 Professor and Senior Physician in the Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology; Head of the Multidisciplinary Colorectal Cancer Center, Campus Virchow, Charité.
- 2005 - 2012 Associate Member of the GRK1208 Research Training Group: hormonal regulation of energy metabolism, body weight and height.
- 2001 - 2013 Creation and Supervision of the Working Group on Endocrine Diseases due to Gastrointestinal Lesions.
- 2001 - 2013 Professional Training, Campus Virchow, Charité.
- 1998 - 2001 Research Internship (Postdoctoral Fellow) of the German Research Foundation, Merck Research Laboratories, New Jersey, USA.
- 1997 - 1998 Research Fellow of the Clinical Research Group, Center for Internal Medicine, Philipps University of Marburg.
- 1996 - 1997 Internship, Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital Mannheim.
- 1996 Visiting Scientist, Department of Gastroenterology, University of Rostock.
- 1993 Research Fellow, Department of Physiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA.
- 1989 - 1996 Study of Human Medicine at the Universities of Marburg, Ann Arburg and Manchester (England).
- 2014 Extraordinary Professorship in Charité.
- 2010 Invitation to the position of W2 Professor in Molecular Diagnostics and Therapy, Charité.
- 2007 Venia Legendi in Internal Medicine.
- 2006 Habilitation and Venia Legendi in Experimental Medicine, Charité.
- 1997 Doctoral thesis defense with honors, Philipps University of Marburg.
Professional and Additional Qualifications
- 2018 Qualification in Drug Therapy of Cancer.
- 2017 Fellow of the European Board of Gastroenterology and Hepatology (FEBGH).
- 2013 Qualification in Proctology.
- 2011 Qualification in Diabetology of the German Diabetes Society.
- 2009 Board certification in Gastroenterology.
- 2007 Board certification in Internal Medicine.
- Interventional endoscopy, particularly, endosonography and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP).
- Endoscopic removal of tumors and precancerous conditions using modern methods.
- Multidisciplinary treatment of gastrointestinal tumors.
- Treatment of liver diseases and their complications.
- Comprehensive palliative care in collaboration with doctors of various specialties.
- Treatment of proctologic diseases.
- Treatment of diabetes mellitus, including complex clinical cases.
- Treatment of lung diseases (focus on lung cancer).
Prizes and Honors
- 2016 Report Prize of the German Diabetes Society, Berlin.
- Hans Christian Hagedorn Honorable Prize.
- 2002 Presidential Award for Poster Award by the German Society for Gastroenterology, Digestive and Metabolic Diseases.
- 1998 Honorary Prize of the German Diabetes Society.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Society for Gastroenterology, Digestive and Metabolic Diseases.
- German Diabetes Association.
- German Society of Endocrinology.
- German Society of Internal Medicine.
- German Cancer Society.
- European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- German Society of Endoscopy and Imaging Processes.
- Society of Gastroenterology and Hepatology (in Berlin and Brandenburg).
Department of Gastroenterology, Oncology, Pulmonology and Diabetology.
Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.