Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin
Department of Cardiology (302401)
Specialized in: cardiology
The chief physician of the department, Dr. med. Richard Stern, is a recognized cardiologist specializing in invasive treatment methods. He leads a competent team consisting of two senior doctors, nursing staff and intensive care specialists.
The Department of Cardiology at the Park-Klinik Weissensee in Berlin treats patients with arterial hypertension, coronary artery disease (the so-called coronary artery calcification), myocardial infarction and heart failure (reduced pumping function of the heart). In the process of diagnosis and treatment, there are used the very latest invasive and non-invasive methods.
In particular, stress echocardiography is used to determine if coronary arteriography is necessary for the patient. To diagnose unclear cardiac arrhythmias or strokes, the department installs remote monitoring displays. In addition, the medical team of the department regularly performs surgical procedures to implant (replace) pacemakers.
The Department of Cardiology offers the following diagnostic and therapeutic options:
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- 24-hour ECG monitoring
- Echocardiography, stress echocardiography (ultrasound examination of the heart, usually from the chest wall, in some cases, additionally from the esophagus with the aid of a special device)
- Right heart catheterization
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary heart diseases and diseases of the pulmonary circulation
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the arteries, arterioles and capillaries
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the veins, lymph nodes and lymph vessels
- Diagnosis and treatment of cerebrovascular diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of hypertension (arterial hypertension)
- Berlin, Germany