Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology (302402)
Specialized in: rheumatology, clinical immunology
About the Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology at Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin
The Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology at the Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients with rheumatic diseases. Particular attention is paid to the treatment of inflammatory lesions of large and small joints, spine, inflammatory diseases of blood vessels, muscles, internal organs and soft tissues. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Marina Backhaus.
The department's doctors have a specialized laboratory, as well as all the necessary methods of diagnostic imaging, for example, ultrasound, X-ray and computed tomography. The department's infrastructure is complemented by the Section of Physiotherapy with a top-class therapeutic pool.
Along with the conventional treatment of rheumatic diseases, the department also offers comprehensive multimodal therapy. The purpose of comprehensive treatment is to correct various manifestations of the disease using a structured, individual treatment regimen, which is used for a long time. As a rule, the comprehensive program includes the prescription of medications, intensive physiotherapy, ergotherapy, nutrition correction, pain therapy and psychological support.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Ultrasound scanning of the joints, blood vessels, soft tissues of the neck, thyroid gland, salivary glands, abdominal organs
- Echocardiography, stress echocardiography, 24-hour ECG monitoring and 24-hour blood pressure monitoring, ergometry, cardiac catheterization
- Classic X-ray diagnostics
- Computed tomography
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Bone mineral density measurement
- Endoscopic examinations (gastroscopy, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, rectoscopy, capsule endoscopy, bronchoscopy)
- Capillary microscopy
- Pulmonary function testing
- All modern methods of drug therapy
- Pain therapy
- Nutrition counseling
- Psychological care
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Marina Backhaus
- 1981-1987 Study of Human Medicine.
- 1987 Admission to medical practice.
- 1993 Board certification in Internal Medicine.
- 1996 Narrow specialization in Rheumatology.
- 1988 Doctorate, Charite University Hospital Berlin at the Humboldt University of Berlin, Department of Rheumatology.
- 1992 Arthrosonography in Rheumatology.
- Since 11.1993 Research Fellow in Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology at the Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 1996 Senior Physician, Center for Internal Medicine (focus on Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology), Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- Since 2001 Head of the Rheumatology Outpatient Clinic.
- 2001 Head of the Seminar on Musculoskeletal Diseases of the German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM).
- 2003 Habilitation for Venia Legendi, Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Subject: "The importance of arthrosonography in early diagnostics of arthritis in inflammatory rheumatic diseases".
- 2003 PD and permission for training courses in Internal Medicine.
- 01.2011 Invitation to the position of Professor of Rheumatology, University of Duesseldorf.
- 01.11.2011 - 30.09.2014 Professor of Rheumatology, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Campus Mitte.
- 01.10.2014 Chief Physician of the Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology at the Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Park-Klinik Weißensee GmbH
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology.
Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.