Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin
Department of Neurology (302403)
Specialized in: neurology
About the department
The Department of Neurology at the Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin offers the full service range for the diagnostics and treatment of acute and chronic diseases of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscles in accordance with the very latest standards. The highly competent team of the department's doctors specializes in the treatment of epilepsy, Parkinson's disease and other motor disorders, as well as in the treatment of dizziness and imbalance. In the course of therapy, the doctors use the very latest medical equipment and highly effective drugs, and if necessary, the specialists from other medical fields, psycho- and physiotherapists can be involved in it. The department is headed by PD Dr. med. Axel Lipp.
The department's specialists have all the modern diagnostic methods of clinical neurophysiology, including transcranial magnetic stimulation. To provide the diagnostics of epileptic seizures, the department has equipment for daytime video-EEG monitoring. The therapeutic range is complemented by the Section of Physiotherapy with a large pool for motor exercises for people with disabilities. Ergotherapy, speech therapy and art therapy are also part of the competence of specialists.
The department includes the certified Stroke Unit, which offers urgent therapeutic measures. If the patient is admitted to the department during the "golden hour" after the occurrence of a stroke, the doctors carry out lysis therapy for the restoration of patency of the blood vessels of the brain. The part of the beds in the Stroke Unit is equipped with a monitoring system, which allows for a constant monitoring of the vital signs of the patients. The interdisciplinary team of the department's doctors treats about 500 stroke patients annually.
It is worth noting that the department has developed excellent inpatient multimodal pain therapy programs for patients with chronic pain. Such programs are successfully used for the treatment of chronic back pain and complications of spinal disc herniation, chronic headaches, neuropathic pain, fibromyalgia, etc. The treatment is based on the use of drugs and intensive physiotherapy. The therapeutic measures are complemented by psychological consultations, relaxation procedures, art therapy and other methods.
The key areas of the department's clinical practice include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of dementia conditions (special focus on Alzheimer's disease)
- Diagnostics and treatment of epilepsy
- Diagnostics and treatment of gait disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of motor disorders (special focus on Parkinson's disease)
- Diagnostics and treatment of multiple sclerosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of polyneuropathies
- Diagnostics and treatment of neuromuscular diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of stroke
- Diagnostics and treatment of dizziness and imbalance
- Diagnostics and treatment of back pain
- Diagnostics and treatment of other neurological pathologies
The diagnostic options of the department include:
- Long-term video-EEG monitoring
- Recording of evoked potentials
- Neurography (assessment of nerve conduction)
- Electromyography (assessment of muscle activity using needle electrodes)
- Ultrasound scanning of blood vessels in the brain
- Lumbar puncture (cerebrospinal fluid testing)
- Video-oculography and other examinations for the vestibular system
- Functional diagnostics of autonomic nervous system
- Biopsy of muscles and nerve endings
- Neurophysiological examinations (diagnostics of impaired brain function)
- Other diagnostic methods
Photo of the doctor: (c) Park-Klinik Weißensee GmbH
Department of Neurology.
Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.