Laparoscopic surgery is widely used in developed countries. Open surgery was almost completely replaced by laparoscopic one. Laparoscopy is less invasive. This surgical procedure is better tolerated, gives less complications and does not cause significant blood loss. It is more effective, since a laparoscope provides the doctor with a much better imaging of the intervention area. The diagnostic laparoscopy is often used in gynecology. It allows the doctor to determine some causes of infertility.
Why do doctors perform laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure, and therefore it is performed only in extreme cases, when it is really impossible to avoid this examination. Laparoscopy is very informative in the diagnostics of infertility, since it allows the doctor to examine the pelvic cavity from the inside. The doctor can detect the following pathologies using a laparoscope:
- endometrial foci;
- benign ovarian neoplasms;
- uterine fibroids;
- pelvic adhesions;
- other anatomical disorders leading to decreased fertility.
How is laparoscopy performed?
The operation is performed under general anesthesia. The doctor makes minimal incisions, through which a laparoscope and miniature but very long surgical instruments are inserted into the abdominal cavity. The doctor can control them remotely.
The gynecologist controls all his actions with the help of laparoscopic camera. It transmits the image to the monitor in real time mode.
During diagnostic laparoscopy, the doctor performs a revision of the pelvic organs. He examines the ovaries, fallopian tubes. The doctor often discovers adhesions. These connective tissues usually cause infertility, as they impair fallopian tube patency. Dissection of adhesions or other manipulations help to restore fertility.
If diagnostic laparoscopy is performed in infertility, in most cases it will be immediately transformed into the therapeutic one. The doctor performs the manipulations necessary to restore the reproductive function in woman. These may include:
- dissection of adhesions;
- reconstruction of fallopian tubes;
- cauterization or removal of endometrial foci;
- removal of benign ovarian formations;
- removal of uterine fibroids.
In most cases, the result of a laparoscopy is the restoration of fertility in woman. She can get pregnant naturally, without the use of assisted reproductive technologies.
Laparoscopy is mostly performed due to tubal obstruction. This infertility factor is called tubal-peritoneal. Laparoscopy involves the dissection of adhesions and reconstruction of the fallopian. This operation is becoming more effective. It allows the doctor to restore the anatomical patency of the tubes in almost all patients. More than 30% of them get pregnant within 3 months after the procedure. About 70% of women get pregnant within 12 months.
Infertility persists in remaining 30% of cases. This occurs either due to the presence of additional factors, which impair fertility, or due to insufficient restoration of the tubal function. Although their anatomical patency is restored, the functioning may be impaired. The cause may be the destruction of fimbriae or the deterioration of peristalsis (movements of the muscle layer of the tube, which ensures the movement of the egg towards the uterus).
The results of surgical intervention can be both permanent and temporary. Sometimes adhesions occur repeatedly after some time. If endometrial foci were removed during laparoscopy, the results are almost always temporary. Without hormonal treatment, they occur again. Therefore, women after laparoscopy are recommended to get pregnant as soon as possible.
Benefits of laparoscopy in Germany
As of today, gynecology in Germany can no longer be imagined without laparoscopic interventions, which are performed for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. The similar operations are already carried out around the world. Laparoscopy is performed even in countries with poorly developed medicine, including for the treatment of infertility.
For the patients who are not constrained in terms of finances, it is better to visit Germany in order to undergo this procedure. Laparoscopy has the following benefits in this country:
- Safety. An inexperienced doctor may make mistakes during laparoscopy. They lead to injury of the internal organs by surgical instruments. The complications can be quite serious. In the best Fertility Centers in Germany, laparoscopy is carried out by experienced specialists who are fluent in laparoscopic technique.
- Effectiveness. In most cases, the fertility in women will be restored due to state-of-the-art equipment and the use of the most modern types of operations in Germany. While the treatment in the clinics of developing countries is sometimes unsuccessful, the patient cannot get pregnant even after surgery.
- Comfort. Most patients find it important not only to have good diagnostic and treatment results, but they also want to benefit from the process itself. Modern medicine is becoming less and less uncomfortable. Foremost, this concerns such developed countries as Germany. In this country, you will be provided with good medical care, well-performed pain management during the postoperative period. The patient rooms have excellent conditions for the patients.
In Germany, you can not only undergo diagnostic laparoscopy, but also take advantage of other medical advances. The effective treatment methods of infertility, as well as the assisted reproductive technologies are used here. In the vast majority of cases, various treatment methods allow the patients to achieve a desired pregnancy even in the most seemingly hopeless cases.
Diagnostic laparoscopy in Germany with Booking Health
To undergo the diagnostic laparoscopy in Germany at one of the best German clinics, you can use the services of the Booking Health company. We will take care of all organizational issues, while you will just focus on your health. We provide the following benefits:
- Selection of the best Fertility Сenter, which specializes in the treatment of female infertility in Germany using laparoscopic surgery.
- Reduced cost of procedure in Germany due to the lack of coefficients for foreign patients.
- Establishment of communication with an attending physician.
- Booking an appointment for diagnostic laparoscopy in Germany at the most convenient dates for you.
- Preparation of the program taking into account the results of previous diagnostic procedures.
- Monitoring of the program at all its stages.
- Control of invoices and return of unspent funds.
- Communication with the hospital upon diagnostic laparoscopy completion.
- Buying and forwarding of medicines.
- Organization of additional examination or treatment.
The Booking Health company guarantees top-class service. We will book a hotel and airline tickets for you, provide a transfer from the airport to the Fertility Сenter and back.