Prof. Dr. med. Thomas FrielingCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- 1997 - 1998 Study of Medicine at the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, at the same time, medical practice at the St. Johns Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine, St. Paul, Minneapolis, USA.
- 1983 Medical license.
- 1984 Clinical and scientific training in the Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectology at the University Hospital Düsseldorf.
- 1985 Doctorate in Medicine.
- 1985 American exam ECFMG, preclinical and clinical subjects, Bonn.
- 1988 - 1990 Scholar of the German Research Society (DFG) as a Research Fellow in the Department of Physiology of the College of Medicine at the Ohio State University, USA.
- 1989 Postdoctoral Research Award of the American Physiological Society, Section specializing in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, New Orleans, USA.
- 1992 Medical Specialist in Internal Medicine.
- 1993 Hörlein Prize, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf.
- 1993 Venia Legendi in Internal Medicine.
- 1994 Dr. Norbert Henning Prize.
- 1994 Scientific Award of the Society of Gastroenterology of North Rhine-Westphalia (jointly with co-authors).
- 1994 Specified focus: gastroenterology, Medical Association of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- 1997 Janssen Young Investigator Awards mit (jointly with co-authors).
- 1993 - 2000 Senior Physician, and then leading Senior Physician of the Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectology, University Hospital Düsseldorf.
- 1998 Professor of Internal Medicine, main focus: neurogastroenterology, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf.
- 2000 - 2008 Head of the Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Infectology, Hematology and Oncology at the Municipal Hospital Krefeld. At the same time, the expansion of the department’s specialization: neurogastroenterology, dietology and palliative medicine.
- 2006 Fellow in Gastroenterology, in accordance with the criteria of the European Board of Gastroenterology (EUMS).
- 2007, 2008, 2009 Specified focus: proctology, palliative medicine and conservative therapy for tumor treatment, Medical Association of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Since 2008 Head of the Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Neurogastroenterology, Infectology, Hematology, Oncology and Palliative Care.
- Since 2013 Head of the HELIOS Clinic Krefeld.
- Reviewer of various national and international scientific journals.
- Member of the Advisory Board of the German Society for Gastroenterology, Digestive and Metabolic Diseases (DGVS).
- Board Member of Gastro-Liga.
- Chairman of the Association of Leading Gastroenterologists (ALGK).
- District Representative in the Federation of German Therapists (BDI).
- Founder of the Neurogastroenterology Foundation.
- 146 Scientific publications.
- 129 Surveys in periodicals and journals.
- 78 Publications of monographs, educational and reference materials.
- 498 Lectures.
- 170 Speeches at congresses.
- 20 Doctoral students.
- Professor of Internal Medicine, main focus: neurogastroenterology, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf.
- Lectures, courses and internships at the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf.
- Training of doctoral students.