Hematuria Diagnosis (program ID: 328283)
Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
Suheir AssadySpecialized in: nephrology, hypertensiology
Department of Nephrology and Hypertensiology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical blood test
- inflammation markers (CRP, ESR)
- blood coagulation analysis (aPTT, PT, INR)
- tumor markers
- ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvic organs
- cystoscopy (with biopsy if indicated clinically, additional cost is 2500€)
- nursing services
- services of all leading experts
- explanation of individual treatment plan
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Nephrology and Hypertensiology at the Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa offers highly accurate diagnostics and effective treatment of kidney diseases, arterial hypertension and electrolyte metabolism disorders. It carries out a wide range of tests, invasive procedures (kidney biopsy) and imaging examinations. The patients with acute kidney failure can undergo planned and urgent hemodialysis here (including patients from other departments of the center). Thanks to close cooperation with vascular surgeons, the department is the only center in Northern Israel, which implements the kidney transplantation program. The medical facility is famous for its impeccable medical care and active research activities. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Suheir Assady.
The department's highly qualified experts use advanced technologies for renal replacement therapy in patients with acute kidney failure or terminal kidney diseases. Renal replacement therapies include hemodialysis using ultrapure solution and membranes, hemodiafiltration, sustained low-efficiency dialysis (SLED) and peritoneal dialysis at home. In addition to dialysis, the patients receive medical psychosocial care, as well as nutrition counselings.
In addition, the department's doctors prepare both donor and recipient for kidney transplantation, provide postoperative follow-up monitoring, and consult patients who underwent kidney transplantation abroad.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of acute and chronic kidney failure
- Diagnostics and treatment of chronic kidney diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of proteinuria
- Diagnostics and treatment of hematuria
- Diagnostics and treatment of glomerular and tubulointerstitial diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of diabetic nephropathy
- Diagnostics and treatment of polycystic kidney disease
- Diagnostics and treatment of uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Diagnostics and treatment of electrolyte and pH disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of nephrogenic bone diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of kidney stone disease
- Diagnostics and treatment of other diseases
Dr. Assady graduated from the Hadassah Medical School, Hebrew University of Jerusalem (BSc in Medical Sciences (cum laude) in 1988, Doctor of Medicine in 1992) and received her PhD in 2008 from the Rappaport Faculty of Medicine at the Technion (Israel Institute of Technology). She completed her residency in Internal Medicine and her fellowship in Nephrology at Rambam.
In addition to her various clinical duties, Dr. Assady is a Member of the Public Committee of the National List of Health Services (Ministry of Health), a Member of the Executive Board of the Israeli Society of Nephrology and Hypertensiology, and is involved in organizing national and international scientific conferences.
As a teacher and a lecturer, Dr. Assady has repeatedly been awarded Teaching Excellence Certificates from the Technion's Rappaport Faculty of Medicine. Her current research includes the study of novel mechanisms involved in the pathogenesis of proteinuria in kidney diseases.