University Hospital RWTH Aachen
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology (26096)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric ophthalmology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at the University Hospital RWTH Aachen offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for the patients with eye diseases. The specialists of the department provide medical care in case of rare pathologies, such as tumors, eye injuries and macular degeneration, which causes blindness in old age. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Peter Walter.
The department houses a modern Eye Bank, thanks to which the department has all the resources for successful corneal transplantation. The department's doctors have excellent qualifications and rich experience, which in combination with the advanced infrastructure contributes to the provision of first-class medical care.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of age-related macular degeneration
- Diagnostics and treatment of diabetic retinopathy
- Eyelid and lacrimal duct surgery
- Ptosis correction in adults and children
- Entropion сorrection
- Ectropion correction
- Eyelid retraction correction
- Resection of benign and malignant tumors of the eyelids, lacrimal ducts
- Reconstructive surgery (for example, reconstructive surgery on the eyelids after burns, reconstruction of the lacrimal ducts in stenosis)
- Diagnostics and treatment of orbital diseases
- Endocrine orbitopathy
- Orbital tumors
- Strabismus correction in children and adults
- Eye muscle surgery in adults and children
- Correction of congenital and acquired nystagmus
- Diagnostics and treatment of paresis of the oculomotor muscles
- Diagnostics and treatment of cataracts
- Diagnostics and treatment of glaucoma
- Diagnostics and treatment of Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy
- Diagnostics and treatment of macular hole
- Diagnostics and treatment of retinal detachment
- Retinal transplantation (since the beginning of 2012, the department has been using the ARGUS II Retinal Prosthesis System in blind patients with retinitis pigmentosa, which helps blind people to see large objects)
- Other medical services
Photo of the doctor: (c) Uniklinik RWTH Aachen
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology.
University Hospital RWTH Aachen:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.