University Hospital RWTH Aachen
Department of Nuclear Medicine (278198)
Felix M. Mottaghy
Specialized in: nuclear medicine
About the department
The Department of Nuclear Medicine under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Felix M. Mottaghy offers all currently available diagnostic and therapeutic methods of nuclear medicine. All modern therapy types of nuclear medicine are carried out in the nuclear therapy ward with 6 beds. They include radioiodine therapy for the treatment of benign and malignant diseases of thyroid, peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT), selective internal radiotherapy (SIRT) and radioimmunotherapy.
The Department of Nuclear Medicine under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Felix M. Mottaghy specializes in radiation diagnosis and treatment of all inpatients and outpatients of the University Hospital Aachen. The treatment and diagnosis of the Department of Nuclear Medicine are the key components in oncology treatment management of the Euroregional Comprehensive Cancer Center Aachen (ECCA). In addition to a few conventional gamma cameras, the Department has SPECT cameras, hybrid system of PET and CT (PET/CT) as well as one more hybrid system (SPECT/CT). The range of focus activities vary from mostly oncologic, cardiologic as well as endocrinologic cases and up to the examination of the patients with diverse neurodegenerative diseases.
The Department of Nuclear Medicine under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Felix M. Mottaghy offers the whole range of radiation diagnosis and treatment:
- Radioiodine therapy of benign thyroid diseases
- Radioidine therapy of malignant thyroid diseases
- Selective internal radiotherapy (SIRT)
- Peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT)
- Diagnosis of thyroid
- Diagnosis of heart and lungs
- Diagnosis of kidneys
- Diagnosis of the abdominal cavity
- Molecular imaging by means of PET/PET-CT:
- FDG (tumor staging, monitoring therapies)
- Choline (staging, diagnosis of recurrences)
- FDOPA (staging, diagnosis of recurrences)
- FET (diagnosis of recurrences)
- Ammonium (perfusion diagnosis)
- Water (perfusion diagnosis)
- DOTATOC (tumor staging, restaging)
- PSMA (staging, diagnosis of recurrences)
Department of Nuclear Medicine.
University Hospital RWTH Aachen:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home