Surgical treatment of breast microcalcifications (program ID: 229655)
University Hospital RWTH Aachen
Elmar StickelerSpecialized in: gynecology, obstetrics, mammology
The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Aachen under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Elmar Stickelerund comprises such fields as general gynecology and gynecological oncology, obstetrics and perinatal medicine. The Department occupies a top position nationwide in its specialization. The Department is focused on gynecological oncology, breast cancer and urogynecology.
The Breast Center of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics is certified by the state of NRW and the European EUSOMA. It treats patients with all kinds of benign or malignant diseases of the breast. A psycho-oncological care and intensive physiotherapy complete the individual therapeutic concept. With a focus on gynecological oncology and breast cancer, the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Aachen is tightly integrated in the ECCA. The Urogynecology with its modern surgical techniques presents a medical focus of the Department.
The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Aachen under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Elmar Stickelerund together with the Department of Neonatology and Pediatric Intensive Care is recognized as a Level 1 Perinatal Center, so that pregnant women, parturient, premature and newborn infants, who are under the highest risk, can be treated promptly.
The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Aachen has the following gynecological focuses:
- Use of sparing, minimally invasive surgical techniques as well as Da Vinci robot-assisted operations
- Treatment of all gynecological malignancies. These include tumors of lower abdomen (e.g., ovarian and cervical cancer), which are treated in the Gynecological Cancer Center integrated in the European Comprehensive Cancer Center. In addition to surgical treatment, the Department offers a comprehensive medical care within oncology consultations. The Breast Center deals with the treatment of breast malignancies.
- Treatment of endometriosis within the Endometriosis Center stage III (the highest level)
- Treatment of cell alternations (dysplasia) of the cervix, vagina or vulvar lips on the dysplasia devoted consultations. Infectious diseases (condyloma / condyloma acuminate), inflammatory alternations and chronic diseases (e.g., lichen sclerosis) are also treated within these consultations.
- Treatment of benign diseases (myomas, genital pathologies, circulatory disorders)
- Treatment of uterine prolapse and urinary incontinence on urogynecological consultations
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Aachen ranks among the top German departments specializing in obstetrics and breast cancer treatment!Hide
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- ultrasound examination: pelvis, abdomen, breast
- preoperative care
- resection of the microcalcifications with
subsequent defect closure
- histologically examination of the remote tissues
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Surgical treatment of breast microcalcifications
- Hospital: University Hospital RWTH Aachen
- access_time Duration: