Samsung Medical Center Seoul
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolic Disorders (403642)
Lee Moon Kyu
Specialized in: endocrinology, diabetology, metabolic disorders
About the department
The Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolic Disorders at the Samsung Medical Center offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The department specializes in the treatment of hormonal disorders and tumors of the pituitary gland, adrenal glands, thyroid gland, gonads, parathyroid glands and pancreas. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med.
Lee Moon Kyu.
The treatment of diabetes mellitus is provided within the framework of a specialized center, which develops individual, optimal treatment programs that can significantly improve the patient's quality of life. The scope of tasks of the medical team also includes treatment of complications of diabetes mellitus, for example, eye and kidney diseases. Much attention is paid to teaching patients the right way of life with diabetes mellitus.
At the moment, the department is actively engaged in the research on the development of a new insulin pump, which could automatically measure and regulate the patient's glucose level, like the artificial pancreas.
The range of medical services of the department:
- Diagnosis and treatment of diabetes mellitus, its complications
- Diagnosis and treatment of obesity
- Diagnosis and treatment of hyperlipidemia
- Diagnosis and treatment of all thyroid gland diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis
- Treatment of oncological diseases of the pituitary gland, adrenal glands, thyroid gland, gonads, parathyroid glands and pancreas
- Special teaching programs for patients with diabetes mellitus
- Other services
- Study of Medicine at the Seoul National University.
- Fellow of the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Residency at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Internship at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- 1989 Postdoctoral fellowship, University of Utah, USA.
- 1991 - 1994 Postdoctoral fellowship, University of California, San Diego.
Clinical and Research Interests
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Metabolic syndrome.
- Stem cell research.
Membership in the Academic Societies
- 2006 - 2007 Board of International Relations, Korean Diabetes Association.
- 2005 - 2006 Research Board, Korean Diabetes Association.
- 2003 - 2004 Board of General Affairs, Korean Diabetes Association.
- 2005 - 2006 Editorial Board, Korean Society of Lipidology and Atherosclerosis.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samsung Medical Center
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolic Disorders.
Samsung Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.