Samsung Medical Center Seoul
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Genetics (404358)
Specialized in: laboratory medicine, genetics
About the department
The Department of Laboratory Medicine and Genetics at the Samsung Medical Center offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The department deals with the early diagnosis of various diseases, including hereditary ones, confirmation of the diagnosis and interpretation of treatment results by conducting control examinations. Every year, the department introduces more and more new diagnostic methods, which are conducted with the help of advanced medical devices. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med.
There are many factors that can influence the examination results, so the medical team of the department with 180 doctors and laboratory workers takes care to provide the most accurate diagnosis. Also, the department has a quality management system that guarantees a high level of medical care.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Diagnostic hematology
- Clinical biochemistry
- Clinical microbiology
- Diagnostic immunology
- Special chemical testing
- Transfusion medicine
- Hematologic genetics
- Microbiological genetics
- Biochemical genetics
- Neurological genetics
- Other focuses
- Study of Medicine at the Seoul National University.
- Residency at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Internship at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- University of Michigan, MI, USA.
- Mayo Clinic, MN, USA.
- Baylor College of Medicine, TX, USA.
Membership in the Academic Societies
- Member of the Korean Society for Laboratory Medicine.
- Member of the Korean Society of Hematology.
- Member of the Korean Cancer Association.
- Member of the American Society of Hematology.
- Member of the America Society of Human Genetics.
- Fellow of the College of American Pathologists.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samsung Medical Center
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Genetics.
Samsung Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.