Treatment of colon cancer with radiation and chemotherapy (program ID: 488288)
Samsung Medical Center Seoul
Park Keun ChilSpecialized in: oncology, hematology
Department of Oncology and Hematology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- analysis of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- tumor markers
- inflammation indicators
- indicators blood coagulation
- ultrasound of the abdomen
- CT/MRI scan of the abdomen
- colonoscopy with biopsy
- histological and Immunhistochemiсal analysis
- consultation of related specialists
- symptomatic specific treatment
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- control examinations
- developing of further guidance
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Oncology and Hematology at the Samsung Medical Center offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The main clinical focuses include diagnostics and treatment of various forms of oncological diseases and blood diseases. The medical team of the department strives not only to prolong the life of patients, but also to improve its quality. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Park Keun Chil.
Cancer treatment requires an interdisciplinary approach, and therefore in order to ensure optimal results, there is maintained close cooperation with the specialists from the Departments of Surgery, Radiation Oncology, Pathology, Radiology. In addition, the department takes an active part in national and international clinical trials, thereby ensuring the introduction of the latest advances in cancer treatment in clinical practice.
One of the priorities of the department is the treatment of cancer with the help of chemotherapy, which in many cases can be supplemented by surgical intervention and radiation therapy. The experienced doctors of the department select the necessary chemotherapeutic drugs and determine their dosage depending on the type of cancer, the stage of pathology and patient’s general condition. If the body's reaction to therapy is negative or the patient has side effects, a dosage or a chemotherapeutic agent may be changed in the course of treatment.
The department specializes in the treatment of the following pathologies:
- Bowel cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Lung cancer
- Liver cancer
- Breast cancer
- Urethral cancer
- Brain tumors
- Oncological diseases of the male genitals
- Oncological diseases of the female genitals
- Acute and chronic forms of leukemia
- Myelodysplastic syndrome
- Different forms of anemia
- Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas
- Multiple myeloma
- Other oncological and hematological diseases
- Study of Medicine at the Seoul National University.
- Fellowship at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Residency at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Internship at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Visiting Associate, National Cancer Institute (NCI) and National Institute of Health (NIH), USA.
Clinical and Research Interests
- Lung cancer.
- Head and neck cancer.
- Esophageal cancer.
Membership in the Academic Societies
- Korean Medical Association (KMA).
- Korean Association of Internal Medicine (KAIM).
- Korean Cancer Association (KCA).
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR).
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO).
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC).
- Korean Association for Clinical Oncology (KACO).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samsung Medical Center