Sana Hospital Duisburg
Department of Neurology and Early Neurological Rehabilitation (113977)
Specialized in: neurology, early neurological rehabilitation
About the department
The Department of Neurology and Early Neurological Rehabilitation at the Sana Hospital Duisburg deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the central and peripheral nervous systems and muscular disorders. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Wilhelm Nacimiento, specialist in the field of neurology, special neurological intensive care medicine.
The main focuses of the department are diseases, such as stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease and epilepsy, as well as herniated discs and spinal cord diseases. In addition, stroke patients receive specialized medical care within the interregional certified Stroke Unit.
The Department of Early Neurological Rehabilitation provides treatment of severely injured patients after acute injuries, such as traumatic brain injury, stroke, inflammatory and expansive processes of the central nervous system, as well as treatment of impaired oxygen supply due to the cardiovascular failure. All employees of the department aim to maintain the greatest possible independence of the patient, as well as to return him/her to a previous social environment.
The department specializes in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spinal cord diseases
- Central motor disorders and neurodegenerative diseases
- Inflammatory and immunological diseases
- Oncological diseases
- Traumatic injuries
- Metabolic, hormonal and toxic diseases
- Spinal diseases
- Palliative care
- Early neurological rehabilitation
The department offers the following examination methods:
- Clinical examination
- Extra- and transcranial Doppler and duplex scanning
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Evoked potentials (EVOP)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- CSF analysis
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- CT scan
- June 1993 – examination for the degree of medical doctor
- From 1993 to February 2000 – hospital supervisor at the Neurology Hospital of RWTH Aachen University (prof. dr Noth)
- From April 1999 to February 2000 – Lead Hospital Supervisor at the Neurology Hospital of RWTH Aachen University
- March 2000 - Chief Medical Officer of the Neurology Hospital at the Duisburg Hospital
- 2001 – assigned as Associated Professor at RWTH Aachen University
- From 2003 – additionally assigned as Chief Medical Officer of the Early Neurological Rehabilitation Hospital at the Duisburg Hospital
- Fellow of the German Neurological Society (DGN)
- Panelist of the Board of leading hospital neurologists of the German Neurological Society (DGN)
- CMO Spokesman of non-university neurological institutions at the Annual Chief Officers Annual Conference
- Fellow of Society of Palliative Care (DGN)
- Fellow of the German Stroke Society
- Deputy Chief Officer of Medical Malpractice Expert Panel of the Medical Chamber of North Rhine
- Regional Representative of German Stroke Help Foundation
- Panelist of the Quality Control Committee and peer-review group at SANA
Photo of the doctor: (c) Sana Kliniken Duisburg
Department of Neurology and Early Neurological Rehabilitation.
Sana Hospital Duisburg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.