Sana Hospital Duisburg
Department of Radiation Therapy, Radiation Oncology and Nuclear Medicine (300549)
Specialized in: radiation therapy, radiation oncology, nuclear medicine
About the department
The Department of Radiation Therapy, Radiation Oncology and Nuclear Medicine at the Sana Hospital Duisburg, headed by Dr. med. Andreas Kaiser, provides treatment of both benign and malignant tumors, as well as the treatment of changes in the tissues by means of radiation therapy. Radiation therapy for the treatment of tumors is usually used in combination with surgery and/or chemotherapy.
The department has state-of-the-art medical technology, for example, two linear accelerators that allow for an accurate exposure with the involvement of high energy X-ray radiation and electrons. In cooperation with oncologists and surgeons, the specialists of the department make an optimal combination of treatment options.
The main focuses of the Department of Radiation Therapy, Radiation Oncology and Nuclear Medicine are:
- Therapy for malignant tumors is usually combined with surgical intervention and/or chemotherapy, e.g. tumors of the breast, uterine, testicles, lung, pharynx, thyroid, rectum, anal canal and lymphomas
- Therapy for benign tumors is usually combined with surgery, e.g. pituitary tumors, vascular malformations and benign tumors of the thymus, in case of which the treatment is primarily aimed at the reduction of their size
- Palliative care for common malignant tumors and metastases in other organs, especially in brain and bones
- Treatment of inflammations and excessive tissue growth, e.g. scars, joint inflammations, ossification in muscles, some eye diseases and vascular occlusions
- Treatment of tumors in children with the use of special methods combined with chemotherapy
- Treatment within scientific research aimed at the improvement of treatments, e.g. in case of testicular, brain tumors, lymphomas, bone metastases, tumors in the lungs and esophagus
Department of Radiation Therapy, Radiation Oncology and Nuclear Medicine.
Sana Hospital Duisburg:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home