Sana Hospital Duisburg
Department of General, Abdominal and Thoracic Surgery (32)
Specialized in: general, abdominal and thoracic surgery
About the department
The Department of General, Visceral and Thoracic Surgery at the Sana Hospital Duisburg specializes in general surgical interventions and operations on the abdominal organs. These primary include interventions for diseases and tumors of the entire digestive tract and endocrine glands in children and adults. The department is headed by Dr. med. Mark Lienert.
The main focuses of the department include all laparoscopic (minimally invasive) procedures, cancer surgery of the digestive organs, coloproctology and endocrine surgery. Particular importance is also given to the treatment of malignant gastrointestinal tumors. Through close cooperation with the team of the Department of Gastroenterology, the department initiated the foundation of the Abdominal Surgery Center, which provides even more efficient treatment and diagnosis of diseases of various abdominal organs. The Department of General, Abdominal and Thoracic Surgery is also a partner of the regional Trauma Center Duisburg and the Professional Trauma Association in the Ruhr region.
The main focuses of the department include:
- Cancer surgery of the digestive tract:
- Small and large intestines
- Surgery for metastases
- Liver and pancreatic surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery:
- Antireflux surgery for gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Hernia surgery with a totally extraperitoneal inguinal hernia repair (TEP), laparoscopic IPOM in postoperative hernias
- Laparoscopic splenectomy
- Surgery of the small, large intestine, rectum, appendectomy, removal of some parts of the small intestine, removal of some parts of the large intestine with total mesorectal excision, rectal prolapse surgery, ostomy
- Surgery of the liver and bile-excretory ducts, gallbladder removal, removal of some parts of the liver, liver cyst drainage
- Hernia surgery:
- Totally extraperitoneal endoscopic repair (TEP)
- Laparoscopic IPOM in postoperative hernias
- Conventional surgical techniques, plastic repair with the use of a surgical mesh, minimally invasive surgery (in case of sports hernias)
Department of General, Abdominal and Thoracic Surgery.
Sana Hospital Duisburg:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home