University Hospital Marburg UKGM
Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Gynecological Endocrinology, Gynecological Oncology and Mammology (113967)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric gynecology, gynecological endocrinology, gynecological oncology, mammology
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Gynecological Endocrinology, Gynecological Oncology and Mammology at the University Hospital Marburg UKGM ranks among the best German medical facilities for breast cancer treatment!
The department offers the full range of medical services in the areas of its specialization. Of particular interest to the department’s doctors is the treatment of oncopathologies of the female genital organs, breast cancer. Also, the department’s gynecologists have rich experience in the treatment of gynecological problems in children and adolescents. The department has modern diagnostic and treatment methods, which allow to fight gynecological diseases as efficiently as possible. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Uwe Wagner.
The female patients with genital cancer are treated within the framework of the specialized center, which is part of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Marburg. The department’s gynecologists specialize in the treatment of vulvar, vaginal, uterine, cervical, ovarian and fallopian tube cancers. The department offers all classical and advanced treatments. The patients also have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials.
Another important clinical focus is breast cancer treatment. The department annually treats over 300 patients with this diagnosis. Medical care is provided within the certified Breast Center (certification of the German Cancer Society and the German Society of Senology), which operates on the basis of the department. Each clinical case is considered at weekly tumor boards with the participation of oncologists, radiation therapists, gynecologists, radiologists, psycho-oncologists, etc. To make an accurate diagnosis, the department carries out all advanced studies, such as mammography, galactography, ultrasound examination of the mammary gland, various types of biopsy.
Should surgical treatment be required, preference is given to minimally invasive surgery. The department’s specialists have rich experience in the field of such interventions. Although minimally invasive procedures are comparable in effectiveness to classical surgical interventions, they have a number of advantages. These include minimal trauma to healthy tissues, speedy recovery after surgery, minor pain and an excellent aesthetic result.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Gynecological oncology
- Diagnostics and treatment of uterine cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of cervical cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of vulvar cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of vaginal cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of endometrial cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of ovarian cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of fallopian tube cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of breast cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of gynecological problems in children and adolescents (for example, puberty disorders, irregular ovarian-menstrual cycle)
- Psycho-oncological care
- Minimally invasive surgery for
- Ovarian benign cysts and tumors
- Chronic pain
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Uterine fibroids
- Other medical services
Education and Professional Career
- 1982 - 1988 Study of Medicine at the University of Bonn.
- 1989 Doctoral thesis defense.
- 1990 Admission to medical practice.
- 1996 Venia legendi in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 2002 C4 Professorship at Philippe University of Marburg.
- 1995 Board certification in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 2002 Optional advanced training in Special Operative Gynecology, Gynecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine.
- 2007 Specialization in Gynecologic Oncology.
- 1988 - 1998 Physician in the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Bonn.
- 1998 - 2002 Leading Senior Physician in the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Tuebingen.
- Since 2002 Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Gynecological Endocrinology, Gynecological Oncology and Mammology at the University Hospital Marburg UKGM.
Awards and Honors
- 1998 Fritz Akker Prize for Cancer Research of 1997.
- 2000 Schmidt Mattisen Prize in Gynecologic Oncology (AGO/DGGG).
Photo of the doctor: (c) UKGM - Universitätsklinikum Gießen und Marburg GmbH
Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Gynecological Endocrinology, Gynecological Oncology and Mammology.
University Hospital Marburg UKGM:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.