University Hospital Bonn
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology (26271)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric urology
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at University Hospital Bonn
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Bonn ranks among the top German departments specializing in prostate cancer treatment!
The department deals with the diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the genitourinary system in men and boys. If necessary, surgical treatment may be provided with the use of sparing minimally invasive techniques, which allows to ensure early recovery for the patient. In the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stone disease, ultramodern laser technologies are widely used. The department treats more than 1,800 inpatients and about 5,000 outpatients every year. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Manuel Ritter.
In the field of pediatric urology, the department successfully treats congenital urologic defects, hypospadias, phimosis, undescended testes, urinary incontinence. All treatments comply with the international standards, and therefore guarantee the best outcome of therapy. The therapeutic options encompass both surgical interventions and conservative treatment with modern medicines.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of prostate cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of kidney cancer
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Reconstructive surgery and conservative treatment of urinary incontinence (also in women)
- Drug therapy
- Physiotherapeutic measures
- Surgical treatment (for example, artificial sphincter implantation, comprehensive reconstructive operations in women using the PROLIFT® Netz technology)
- Endoscopy of the entire urinary tract (urethra, bladder, ureters and renal pelvis)
- Photodynamic diagnostics for bladder tumors and underlying precancerous conditions
- Videodynamic studies
- Laser technologies (for example, RevoLix® laser for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia)
- Diagnostics and treatment of pediatric urologic pathologies
- Congenital malformations
- Undescended testicle (cryptorchidism)
- Urinary incontinence
- Impaired urine outflow
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Drug therapy
- Exercises to strengthen pelvic floor muscles (Biofeedback)
- Instillation therapy for bladder diseases
- Injection therapy for urethral dysfunction
- Botulinum toxin injection therapy for urinary incontinence
- Botulinum toxin injection therapy for impaired urine outflow / prostatitis
- Botulinum toxin injection therapy for benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Surgical treatment of urinary incontinence
- Neuromodulation and neurostimulation
- Implantation of an artificial sphincter of the bladder
- Diagnostics and treatment of kidney stone disease (the main treatment is is extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy)
- Diagnostics and treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Diagnostics and treatment of hormonal disorders in men
- Diagnostics and treatment of infertility
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Manuel Ritter
Prof. Dr. med. Manuel Ritter is the Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Bonn. He is the successor to the famous urologist Stefan Müller. Prior to joining the University Hospital Bonn, he served as a Managing Senior Physician in the Department of Urology at the University Hospital Mannheim. The main clinical and research focuses of Dr. Ritter cover imaging diagnostics and minimally invasive treatment of uro-oncological pathologies. At the same time, much attention is paid to the preservation of organ functionality (for example, potency). Also, Prof. Ritter specializes in carrying out laser procedures for the treatment of diseases of the male genitourinary system.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Bonn
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology.
University Hospital Bonn:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.